Chapter 6_ Sparks In The Dark

Start from the beginning

But just then before I could speak the dust from the powder seem to have gotten into my nose, as I suddenly sneezed.

"Uh..you okay?....."
He stared at me with a worried expression.

"Yh I..." Another sneeze.

There was a small grimace on his face, especially when it followed up with a couple more which caused him to look even more worried as he quickly packed up the remaining stuff on the floor knowing it was obviously because of the dust around us from the powder as we both got up and moved a bit further from the area, my makeup kit now held securely in his hand.

For a moment we both kept at a slow pace of walking in silence with both my hands on my nose while I try to steady my breathing and triggered nose.
I could feel his gaze on me all this while probably still worried.

"You good?" He asks. I wanted to speak but felt paralyzed by my burning nose strills due to all the sneezing. It was that thing where I felt like I wanted to sneeze but still couldn't get the sneeze out so I just shake my head instead.

"Here.." I turn to see him holding out an extended hand which held out a handkerchief.

"No I..."

"It's clean, and very brand  new apparently," He says wittily as I giggle lightly, but take it.  How does someone manage to still be funny in such a situation.

"Thanks," I say collecting it as I place it on my nose.

"God I'm such a mess." I muttered more of to myself after blowing out my nose not minding if he heard me as I wrapped up the handkerchief but still held it to my nose for the meantime not minding it was cleaning off my foundation as it had probably already been cleaned off by now.

My poor face. I'm sure by now I look horrible.

"No it's okay, my bad really." He says.

I smiled lightly at him sighing as I inhaled deeply feeling much better after all the sneezing was done with and my nose now felt back to normal at least.

"It's okay." I inhaled.

"Wait hold up..." I said noticing we were walking in a complete different direction from where I had been headed as I look around, it also occurs to him as we both pause.

"Oh yeah you were headed somewhere right?" He says.

"Yh uhm.. actually I was kinda lost there, y'all's house is huuuge." I say emphasizing on the 'huge'.

He giggles. " Well not really, maybe cuz you're new to it that's why. But where were you headed anyway?" He asks.

"Uh...outside actually, but I think I'ma drop the makeup kit back in Habiba's room, cuz holding this thing is stressful."

"Aight, I just wanna pick something from my room then we'd head there and you can head back out then." He smiles.

"Alright." I say.

"Thanks by the way." I say referring to the handkerchief as I held it up and of course for my makeup kit in his hand cuz holding that shit was stressful.

"No worries." He shrugged it off with a small smile.

I sighed, damn though he was such a nice guy really. Totally different from the arrogant and cocky image I had of him in my head.

We walked on a bit in a comfortable and calm silence. I kinda wanna say something but just decide to leave it as it's not like it's awkward or anything.

"So how's it going being here so far?" I hear him speak up.

"Hmm..?" I say, not really understanding the question as I was in my trance there for a second.