Chapter 1_ With A Twist

_That which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, to strive, to seek, to find and not to yield._

*** Zubaida

I still couldn't believe it, this was gonna be one of the biggest weddings of the century in probably the entire country...and, I get to be there, I get to do Habiba's make-up.

When I'd started this whole make-up thing, I did imagine myself getting involved with all kinds of people, the 'rich' ones in particular, but somehow I just thought I was putting up high expectations for the career, so I guess I wasn't actually.
Having someone like Habiba wanting me to do her make-up made me feel like some VIP or something.

Habiba's family's like royalty, they, are, rich, like rich rich.
Her father, Abdullah Salman is the founder and ex Chairman of 'Salman's Industries', located in Abuja, his first son is now the current Chairman of the Company and it's now part of the Oil and gas field Services Industry in Nigeria. His second son Farid, or is it Fahad, just opened up this new business 'Blue Panthers' also in Abuja, about this Railway thingy, I think he makes his own trains now, I'm not sure.
Habiba's mom has a clothing brand of her own, and Habiba's step mom is a humanitarian and beauty Enterpreneur while Habiba runs an online boutique in Singapore and is a YouTuber vlogging on lifestyle, travel, and time to time beauty tutorials. She's one of the few YouTubers I really look up to as a vlogger.

It felt like a dream come true.
I felt like I was gonna be taking this to the next level or something, cuz once people get to know I did her henna designs and make-ups, more people would be interested in my makeup and henna services. Though that was just partly one of the things I was excited about, I was mainly and more excited of just the fact that I was gonna be the one doing her make-up.
I was actually gonna meet...

Honnkk! Honk..Honk!

"Kai, ku matsa daga Hanya mana( Hey move from the way now ) !"

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by all the sudden noise, as I look around to acknowledge what's going on...

The guy driving the kekenape (Rickshaw) we're in is honking at some hawkers crossing the street.

"Kai, mutanin Nan (Hey, these people), they want you to miss your flight ne." Maryam who was seated beside me hissed, as she turned on her phone to check the time.

"See fa, 9:32, and your flight is by ten." She hissed again.

It dawns on me that we've been stuck in this traffic for almost ten minutes. 'Like, seriously people? I got a flight to catch.' I huffed shaking my head.

Early morning traffic in Abuja was becoming a really serious issue nowadays.

Well, right now the traffic lights are green, but the line of the hold up is really long, I doubt if we could make it out of the hold up without the lights turning red again.

'Pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls...' I desperately pray as the line starts moving.
The traffic light's countdown is now at fifty-six, and we're like, almost the fifteenth in line.

Luckily, we make it out of the hold up when the countdown is at nineteen. I internally jubilate and thank God.
Soon enough we arrive at the Airport. After bargaining with the annoying kekenape guy to collect six hundred instead of eight for bringing both of us here and also take Maryam back home since she was only escorting me, I mentally make a note to myself to next time just agree on driving myself to the Airport in my car then letting Maryam drive it back home even if Maryam's still just a learner at driving, at least that'd save me the harassment.