Chapter 2_ A Puzzle From The Past

Yoo my people!*laughs nervously*
I know I know I keep popping in then disappearing. Perks of having a busy life.😜
So I'm here again (for now). And no more promises or schedules but I'd try my best.
Updates would come whenever and however depending on how busy or off I am, but I'm not putting the story on hold anymore. Since I'm, kinda gotta get really idle for a while.😁😁(maybe) But yh, we here.💃
Penuriously but generously updating two chapters. *bows proudly at the imagined applause*

•••

***
If only they knew,

If only they understood,

If only they felt it,

If only they experienced it.

#shejustlovestowrite

***Zubaida

Throughout the car ride it's just mostly Hauwa and Aadam talking and laughing it up.

Inside the car screamed Luxury, with the scent of the Air Con on and the guys' Oud Colognes radiating all over, if I were a guy right now, I could totally see myself asking these two for recommendation on what kind of perfume they use, it's that strong, announcing type that has got to have any lady melting.

I barely pay attention to the conversation going on as I suddenly had a lot on my mind. I just stare out the glass window, watching as the car eat up the distance of the unfamiliar scenerio.

Maiduguri was my hometown but ironically, this was actually my first time coming here. My siblings and I had always wanted to come here, but after our Dad passed away, we were too busy with every other thing and everyone just forgot about it I guess.

"Okay, you're just being stereotistic right now." Hauwa was saying.

"I'm just talking from experience, and we both know it's the truth." Aadam said.

"Zubie, are you hearing this guy right now." Hauwa turns to me.

"Hmm?" I shifted my gaze to her, in the middle of gulping down water, before pulling the water bottle away to swallow the water in my mouth then raising the water bottle again to gulp down some more water.

I was probably gulping too hard as both Aadam and Habiba's brother glance at me from the rear view mirror, but I just wanted to annoy Hauwa, she'd been talking to Aadam non-stop and forgot about my existence, it's now that she remembered me.

"What?" I said when I was finally done drinking the water to my heart's content as I kept the water bottle aside and turned to her trying to not mind the fact that both the guy's were probably listening and the little embarrassment I felt from drawing their attention to me by gulping so hard.

Now Hauwa was giving me that look.

Mission accomplished.

"I thought you were pressed." She said.

"Yah but that doesn't mean someone can't drink water now, I'm thirsty."

Hauwa just shook her head at me, and I just rolled my eyes in that 'Abeg leave me joh.' manner.

"Zubie's always been like that, just leave her be." Aadam chuckles and I also chuckle also knowing where he's headed from.

"Shut up." I say.