Epilogue

5 years later

"Ava, wake up! You are going to be late for work!"

"Mmmm" I hummed, reluctantly opening my eyes, only to find myself staring straight at the alarm clock.

8.30.

I've still got time.

I closed my eyes once more, only to find myself reopening them again.

"SHOOT!!!" I scrambled to get out of bed and into the shower, not having the slightest care that I have forgotten to switch the heater on. With a shivering body, I quickly donned on my working attire before dashing to the kitchen to grab a piece of toast lying gloriously on the table.

"Why didn't you wake me up sooner?" I mumbled with the toast still between my teeth as I fished for my shoes before slipping into them.

"I did," my mom replied with a dead-eyed glare, which prompted me to display a sheepish smile.

"Right, sorry mom." Reaching for the coat, I blew a kiss to her way, "see you later!"

What can I say? I am a mummy's girl.

"Wait! Hold up!" I shouted, while sprinting in a relentless pursuit towards the bus stop. By the time I finally got on the vehicle, I felt as if I had just accomplished a triathlon, having a few years of my life taken away from me as I tried to catch my breath. Looking down at my watch, panic began to rose.

Only 15 minutes left.

When I finally reached my stop, I dashed across the road toward the business district, squeezing through the crowd as I attempted to get to my office. Glancing down at my watch once more, I increased the speed that I was going when I saw that there were only 5 minutes left.

"AHH! I'm so sorry!" 

This is seriously not my day at all. 

Without taking a look at the person I bumped into, I knelt down to gather the pieces of paper that had fallen out of his briefcase before handing it over to him. With my head still down, I too, quickly gathered my stack of papers.

"I see that you're still the same."

That voice.

I shot up, only to see that that person whom I had bumped into was gone. I searched the surroundings, only to be greeted by a sea of people bustling about their way. 

Must be my imagination.

As I became increasingly aware of the time that ticked away, I made a final dash to the building in the three remaining minutes.

"Safe!" I settled in my cubicle before taking large gulps of water, attempting to bring my heart rate back to normal. 

Thoughts from the events that took place five years ago started flooding back to me like it was only yesterday. Though we were never meant to be, the feelings we shared were still buried deep in my heart. But that's all in the past now, he is long gone.

Up till this day, I was often plagued with the question as to why that woman would send me back in time. There were occasions where I wished that I could see her again. I needed answers as to why she made me suffer when she clearly knew what I had already been through.

I guess that will always remain as a mystery to me.

"Ava! Have you finished the drawings?"

"Yes!" I reached the file of notes I had scattered on the way here and handed it over to the supervisor.

"What's this?" she flipped through the papers, "this has nothing do with the project we have at hand."

"What are you talking about? These are my drawings." I took the papers into my hands and went through each of them; only to find a few drawings of mine meshed between the unknown documents. Continuing the act of fumbling through the sheets, I came across a name written in bold at the bottom of the page.

Nathan Atlas Crosby

"You have got to be kidding me." I exasperated, mentally facepalming myself.

I'm never waking up late again.

"So? Whose documents are these?"

"Uhm.. I bumped into someone on the way here. His documents must have been mixed with mine." The face of my supervisor turned into a darker shade, "bu-but don't worry, I know his name. There, Nathan Atlas Crosby." I pointed the name to her, with hopes in letting her know that I've got everything under control.

"Well then, better get going. I'm sure that poor fellow must be worried sick."

Hurriedly, I scrambled for my belongings before dashing out the building, not knowing that that was going to be the start of a new chapter in my life.

The End.

***********

And.... that's a wrap!

Thank you so much for reading my first book! I hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it :D