Thirteen

"Tell me something, are you stupid?" Nicholas said nonchalantly.

Is he kidding?

"No, why?" I frowned at his comment. Apparently, me failing to grasp the basic foundation of mathematics pissed him off in less than fifteen minutes. It's not my fault that my brain is inclined with math.

"Then please explain how it is possible that after fifteen minutes of teaching that you still fail in getting this formula into that thick skull of yours."

"You're blaming me? You're the one who hasn't got any patience to teach me! Besides, I did tell you that math isn't my forte before the start of this lesson."

"Some teacher you are," I added.

"If your brain wasn't that of the Stone Age, you would be getting what I am saying right now."

Stone age? He should look at himself.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. This is seriously not productive at all. "Can we please stop fighting and learn something else other than math?"

"Stand up." He ordered, standing up from his seat.

"Whatever for?"

"You told me to teach you something else, is it not?"

"Oh." I stood up from my seat, awaiting his next orders.

"Walk." I began strolling along the length of the room in my heeled shoes. To tell you the truth, I hate heels. I don't even see the point in wearing those. Isn't it better to wear sneakers than heels?

Suddenly, I felt a hard smack my shoulders. "What the...why did you do that!" I rubbed the blades of my shoulders and turned to look at him, who was holding a wooden stick in his hand. It was not yet thirty minutes into the lesson, but I was getting extremely exhausted from the emotional and physical toll inflicted by him.

"You have a poor posture. Plus, you look extremely rigid when walking," He continued as he slapped the wooden stick against my legs.

How flexible do you want me to be? Perform a split with every step I take?

"Always place your foot in front of the other when walking. And most importantly, do not slouch." Hitting my back repeatedly. I was sure that I was going to earn a few bruise marks after the relentless strikes.

"Hey! That's enough!" I grabbed the stick, but his grip remained firm. "I am your student, not a slave. So, don't you hit me as if I am an animal!"

"Pain is the best teacher, have you not heard of that before?" He rebutted, pulling the stick away from me. The repercussions of the friction led warm liquid to emerge from the palm of my hand.

I wanted to get out of here. A moment longer with this jerk and I would seriously find myself degenerating to his level.

"Oh yeah? Well newsflash, not everything can be taught through pain." I rolled my eyes at him and headed for the door. The stinging pain grew intense when I accidentally used my master hand to pull the door handle, leaving patches of blood.

Just as I slammed the door, Camille was seen standing before me, with a tray of dessert in her hands, which I guess was for our tea break.

Who'd want to have a tea break with him?

"Hey Abbey! How is your time with Sir Nicholas?" She smirked. I rolled my eyes once again and scoffed.

"Infuriating." I clenched my hands at the thought of what happened, ignoring the pain that I felt on my right hand.