guess how much i love you

Start from the beginning

Yesss!!!! The kids were even louder and were clapping their hands.

Tay's eyes widened as he searched for New. He was as if telling New that he is not prepared and he doesn't have a ready story to tell.

At that, New joined Nicky at the center. Okay kids, PTay will be coming to the front to read you a story. But you have to promise me that you will all listen to him okay? Are we all ready to listen to today's story? New asked. He calls Tay to the front and lets him seat on a stool. He hands Tay a book, Guess how much I Love you. Tay smiled upon seeing the book. It's the book he wished to read in his storytelling dream. He looked at New and smiled.

The story was short, but Tay read the story like a true storyteller. He would change the sound of his voice to fit the character of Big Nutbrown Hare and Little Nutbrown Hare. He would move his body and hands to animate the actions described in the story.

------------ 

(here's a copy of the story by Sam MacBratmey)

Guess How Much I Love You

Little Nutbrown Hare, who was going to bed, held on tight to Big Nutbrown Hare's very long ears.

He wanted to be sure that Big Nutbrown Hare was listening. "Guess how much I love you," he said.

"Oh I don't think I could guess that." said Big Nutbrown Hare.

"This much," said Little Nutbrown Hare, stretching out his arms as wide as they could go.

Big Nutbrown Hare had even longer arms. "But I love YOU this much." he said.

Hmm, that is a lot, thought Little Nutbrown Hare.

"I love you as high as I can reach," said Little Nutbrown Hare. "I love you as high as I can reach," said Big Nutbrown Hare. That is quite high, thought Little Nutbrown Hare. I wish I had arms like that.

Then Little Nutbrown Hare had a good idea. He tumbled upside down and reached up the tree trunk with his feet. " I love you all the way up to my toes!" he said.

"And I love you all the way up to your toes," said Big Nutbrown Hare, swinging him high over his head.

"I love you as high as I can HOP!" laughed Little Nutbrown Hare, bouncing up and down. "But I love you as high as I can hop," smiled Big Nutbrown Hare - and he hopped so high that his ear touched the branches above.

That's good hopping, thought Little Nutbrown Hare. I wish I could hope like that.

"I love you all the way down the lane as far as the river," cried Little Nutbrown Hare. "I love you across the river and over the hills," said Big Nutbrown Hare.That's very far, thought Little Nutbrown Hare. He was almost too sleepy to think anymore.

Then he looked up beyond the thorn bushes, out into the big dark night. Nothing could be further than the sky. "I love you right up to the MOON," he said, and closed his eyes.

"Oh, that's far," said Big Nutbrown Hare. "That is very very far."

Big Nutbrown Hare settled Little Nutbrown Hare into his bed of leaves. He leaned over and kissed him goodnight.

Then he lay down close by and whispered with a smile, "I love you right up to the moon...AND BACK." 

--------------

Awww finish na? That's too short PTay, said one kid. What does it mean she loves him to the moon and back, PTay? How can she reach the moon if it's tooooooo far?

Tay was smiling, ahhh, very good question. How far do you think the moon is? He asked the kids.

Verrryyyyyyy far! said one kid

Another kid raised his hand enthusiastically and gave out his answer, one hundred million trillion infinite far PTay!

Up the heavens, with the angels, sooooo verrrryyyy farrrrrr! added a little girl.

Ahh that is all correct, it only means that her love for Little Nutbrown Hare is endless. That it will never run out. Like the love of the Sisters who are taking care of you here. Do you understand? He asks the kids very sweetly.

Yes PTay. We love them too, soooo very much to infinity, replied another kid.

That was a beautiful story, right? So always remember, that no matter what happens, the Sisters love you okay, soooo very muuuchhhh. So, can we all have a Biiiigggggg Hug now? Tay stretched his arms as he went down from the stool. The kids started swooning towards him as they gave Tay their warmest and tightest hugs. Tay looks at New, in his mind he hears a faint echo "to the moon and back...", and then... he ended with a hiccup.