afraid for love to fade

Ei Te, I won't be able to drop you off. Something came up in the office and I have an event to catch later tonight.

It's okay New. The free breakfast and send off for Mama and PMuk are more than enough today. Go now. It's not like Off and Gun are not here to be company.

You sure? I'll see you tomorrow then, New responds.

Tay laughs, yeah, it's okay. Hurry along or you'll be caught in traffic.

Off and Gun pulls Tay away from New, we 're taking him now or else your goodbyes won't end, Off teases.

The three were in the car now when Tay's phone suddenly rings. Ei New, you forgot anything? Where are you now?

Ei Te, I'm in the car now, driving. Uhmm, I just forgot to tell you something...

Uhmm, okay... what about?

I just forgot to thank you...

Thank me for what?

Uhmmm... thank you for allowing me to spend time with Tita and PMuk. I am honestly happy to finally meet them.

Ohh... Tay felt his cheeks burn a little. I believe they are happy to meet and spend time with you too.

Uhmm, yeah... that's all I wanted to say. See you soon, text you soon.

Tay smiles, yeah, laters.

Awww.... New is soo sweet. He misses you too soon. Gun giggles, I have to update PMuk.

See Peng, things are falling in place. Everything is moving like the entire universe is saying yes to you.

What exactly do you mean? Tay clarifies.

I mean, everything is going smooth with you right now. You, New - - Tita and PMuk adore him... and probably even love him already like a son. We, your closest friends are equally happy with how things are turning out with you.

Tay suddenly turns quiet. He looks out the window as if in a snap, he was trapped in deep thought.

Ei Peng, you okay. Did you hear what I just said?

Tay continues to look away. Yeah, I heard you clear. He exhales deeply. Like you said, everything seems to be falling into place. So smoothly... so smoothly it suddenly feels unreal. He lets out a seemingly hopeless sigh.

Off and Gun slowly turn to each other, with looks of concern, like they knew what can possibly come around.

Peng, don't even start it okay? Off warns. Don't even try going there again.

PTay, Gun adds. You got this already. Don't let it slip away. Ei, we're dropping you at home. We will be doing some errands and be back home soon. We can talk about this later okay. But for now, let go of anything pulling you down, please?

Tay opens the car door and alights without saying a word.

Peng! Off shouts for Tay. Promise me you won't let this get you okay?

Something flutters within him. Fear. Tay looks back at the couple and nods, I'll try, then waves them goodbye.