cheers to 3 years, will the counting continue

It's been more than two years since he relocated. He gave in to the constant pleading of Off and Gun to join them in their 4 bedroom house. Even if the couple did not say it aloud, Tay knew that it was their way of looking after him. They have been friends since High School and Off knew very well how Tay handles his heart struggles.. When the couple were still in Manila, they witnessed how Tay suffered his first heartbreak. Even if Tay knows all the coping styles that he needs to do, the story turns out different every time it's about him. And so, for the couple, having Tay stay with them is the best solution. They don't mind having him around in the house. After a while, Tay also seemed a lot at home even if it meant sharing the house with a couple who loves to cuddle 99% of the time.

Hey lovers, it's a holiday on Friday, so it's gonna be a long weekend. Can we go to Atok (Benguet Province) for sunrise and some fresh air? Tay asked. Off and Gun shared a stare. It's not usual for Tay to request that they go out, so every chance that he throws an invite is an easy yes.

Of course Peng! We can leave early Friday morning so we won't be in so much rush. Just chill drive. Then we can hike Mt. Timbak on Saturday to catch the sunrise. It's a quick and easy climb that I can manage, Off suggested with a laugh as he is not a very outdoorsy person.

That sounds good Papii. Tay, anything you want prepared for the trip? I'll drop by the grocery and buy our favorite snacks? Gun was sounding even more excited.

Nahh, I've got everything set. All I ask is for you and Off to take turns in driving because it's gonna be a long ride and super short notice, Tay was scratching his head, shy that he knows he can't be of help on the wheel.

Oh Peng, that's already a given. You know I love long drives. Wifey here doesn't even have to drive. I can do it all alone. You both just have to make sure we have enough food along the way, Off replied.

They arrived in Atok just before lunch time. The drive was long but they enjoyed the scenery for most part of the trip. It was a challenging drive given the high altitude highway, long and winding road and even the sharp curves, but Off always loved driving and was already used to long drives in the province. Tay booked for 2 rooms at the Northern Blossoms Flower Farm. It wasn't their first time to be in the place so they already had this sense of being at home every time they visited.

They woke up at three in the morning. It was February and yet it was freezing cold. The hike was easy and they reached the summit very early. They still have enough time to wait for sunrise.The breaking of dawn was a combination of cold and sweet and gentle breeze sending butterfly kisses to the skin. Tay was staring at the horizon and was making slow deep breaths. The sun slowly shows its presence as if greeting every soul with open arms. After a few, Tay took out a mini muffin and placed a candle atop and lit it. He turned to Off and Gun who felt lost at what's happening.

Happy anniversary to me! Tay said happily. 3 years and counting!!

It's when Off and Gun knew what the celebration was all about and they seemed not pleased at all. Tay, seriously? We came here to celebrate the 3rd year of your heartbreak? You're plain insane Vihokratana! Gun said.

Off gave out a seemingly disappointed sigh. You continue to amaze me Peng. You're the only person I know who celebrates his heartbreak anniversaries. We have been celebrating this with you the past years, and honestly until now, I don't know if I'll be happy or what.

Hey guys, chill okay! Tay said. I know it's unusually weird, and I know that you have been bearing with me in this for years. But it's not really something that you should be sad about. At least for this year, I am happy to announce that I really feel better. Besides, you know these are my heart checkpoints. This is my way of gauging how I have made progress so far.

Off and Gun still seemed uncomprehensible. They are again finding a hard time to digest Tay's ways of dealing with his process. I don't know what to say Peng. But if you're saying you're feeling a lot better now, I will hold on to that. It's been long and I pray everyday that the wounds finally healI, we, just want to see you happy. Off's words sounded so concerned.

Yeah Tay, we know that it's not been easy for you, but we hope everyday that your heart becomes whole again. I mean, it may not be the same, but hopefully ready to be freer again, Gun silently responded.

Tay was getting sentimental that he stretched his arms and invited the couple for a big hug. You lovebirds have become a great source for my healing. This celebration is not just about counting the days of my heartbreak, but moreso, it's my way of thanking you for taking care of me all this time. I know that I have been a pain in some days, and you have been really patient with me. Let this be my way of telling you that I appreciate everything, and that yes, I feel that I am a lot okay now. I can hear myself clearly and I can own up to myself saying, I feel better now. Yes Gun, not the same heart, but beating more freely. Thank you for everything you two.

Gun was also getting sentimental upon hearing Tay's words. As a friend, all he wanted was to see Tay in a better state. Oh Tay, I am so happy for you. I've been wishing for this day to come. Gun hugged Tay even tighter.

Off is not a sentimental person, but he too was obviously in great joy with the news. He hugged both tighter. Ahh, this really calls for a celebration. And I am so blessed having in my arms today, two of the most precious human beings on earth.

Don't worry guys, this is the last time we will celebrate this heartbreak anniversary. At least for this heartbreak, you know. Tay was grinning. Again, I can't thank you enough for the strength and patience you showered me all this time. Ilove you guys.

Tay was once again gazing at the horizon, he let out a sigh. He gazed upward. The sun was starting to heat up, but the velvety skies that keep it company sends a certain kind of comfort and serenity. Tay let out another sigh and whispered, "hello universe, yes, i am much ready to move forward now. Let's do this!"