guess how much i love you

They were now inside the car and Tay was still feeling surprised at the gesture.

Ei New, where are we going? And what's this about? It's only 2pm, aren't we too early for dinner?

We are going to a party, and everyone's waiting, New explained with such gusto.

What party are you saying? And who's everybody? This is not funny New, I don't like surprises, Tay was suddenly agitated.

Oh well, Surprise!!! I didn't know you don't like surprises, New teased.

You're not taking me seriously, Tay was frowning. I am telling the truth here. Where are we really going and who is everybody?

I told you we are going to a party. I'm not lying. And yes, they are excited to meet you, New explained. Tss, don't worry okay. It will be fun, and you'll like it. Trust me, New gave Tay an assuring look.

Tay was still a bit stressed with the thought but just decided to remain quiet.

They entered what seemed to be a subdivision. After some street turns, they stopped in front of a white gate.

What is this place? Tay asked.

New just smiled. Come on, let's get inside.

I'm not getting inside unless you tell me, Tay grunts.

Suddenly the gate opened and a nun came out, oh good morning New!. You must be Tay? I'm Sister Namtam, Happy birthday! I am happy to finally meet you. Welcome to The House of Hope.

Tay was surprised to see the nun, he tilts his head and sees the sign at the other side of the gate, House of Hope, Children of Mary. That's when Tay started to figure things out. It's an orphanage, and he starts to have an idea what the surprise is about. All the more he got stressed out.

Please get inside. Follow me, they're excited to meet you, Sr. Namtam happily leads the way.

Tay's feet were like glued to the ground, New I know what this is now. Please don't make me do it. I'm not prepared, Tay was raising his brows to New.

Tss, don't worry okay? I got this. Just enjoy this time okay? New gently takes Tay's hand, let's go, it will be fun, I promise.

They then enter a spacious living room. On the side was a staircase. Tay was asked to sit on the couch.

Sr. Namtam approached Tay with her sweet smile, please stay here and make yourself comfortable. They will come down any minute.

Okay, wait here, I'll just check the kitchen, New said.

Tay just gave a soft nod. In a few minutes, from the staircase, kids started to descend, each holding Angel's Breath flowers, as they sang happy birthday. From another side of the living room, people started to get in. Tay was surprised to see what he was witnessing. Kids started handing him the flowers and giving him their hugs, and then there were Off and Gun, and the Cool Old Folks. He was surprised to see Wave, Neen and Nicky present too. Tay couldn't contain his emotions and he started to shed tears. New was just there watching him with happy eyes.

The kids were all seated on the floor while the adults joined them. Some of the members of the community were also there. It was rather a small group of around 50 people.

Nicky approaches the center of the living room. Hello kids and hello sisters and hello friends! I am PNicky. Do you know why we are here today?

Yes!! The kids shouted. It's PTay's birthday!!

Ahhh that is correct! Nicky said enthusiastically. Did you know that one of PTay's dream is to do a storytelling with kids? So, today, we will make that dream come true. Would you like to listen to a story today?