𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. A DRAMATIC ENTRANCE

▬▬▬▬ CHAPTER THIRTEEN ▬▬▬▬

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

▬▬▬▬ CHAPTER THIRTEEN ▬▬▬▬

"I'VE GOT DEFENSE FIRST THING in the morning and I'm about to throw up," Cedric said anxiously to her in a hushed voice during breakfast.

"If you fail, I'm going to rip your teeth out. I did not tutor you for a whole year just for you to fail." Esmerelda muttered, looking like the walking dead. She only managed to get about three hours of sleep after visiting her dad. It didn't help that she was itching to leave the castle to help her uncle look for the goddamn rat.

If only Ron kept the hairs... Her initial plan was to use the tracking spell to find Peter. She remembered hearing that Ron found a bunch of fur from his rat before he up and 'died', but Ron threw the hair out so now she was back to square one. She needed something personal from him, but there was nothing that she could use...

"Aren't you nervous too?" Cedric asked her. "I mean, you look like you pulled an all-nighter. Or well... several all-nighters, actually."

"I could use a nap," she admitted. "What about you? I heard you had a 'late night study session' with your girlfriend."

His cheeks pinked. He still wasn't used to having his crush now be his girlfriend. "It was not a late night study session! We were just studying together after dinner—and there were people around us!"

She snickered at his expense and he shoved a spoonful of omelet into his mouth.

For today, the last exams she had to take were charms, DADA, and divination. Three classes that stressed her out the least due to how easy they were (for her, of course). She wasn't that great in divination though, but she pretty much copied what everyone else did, which was to make fake predictions about tragic things that would befall her.

"Almost time for classes to start," Justin said after checking out his watch fifteen times in the last minute. "I reckon we should head out now?"

Essie and the other third year Hufflepuffs in their little group nodded in agreement. After bidding Cedric good luck, they headed off for their charms class where Professor Flitwick was waiting for them.

For that exam, Professor Flitwick had them perform the Cheering Charm on their partners. Hannah and Esmerelda partnered with each other and succeeded on making the other burst into a fit of giggles. Esmerelda left the classroom knowing she received a high mark.

Her next exam was Defense Against the Dark Arts. The exam Remus had designed for them was a sort of obstacle course that took place outside of the castle. First they had to wade across a deep pool with grindylow, cross a series of potholes full of Red Caps, walk through a marsh while trying to ignore purposely misleading directions from a hinkypunk, and then climb into a trunk to battle with a boggart. Since Esmerelda was literally the only one with any battle experience and was highly athletic, she made it first in record time and even got a high-five from the teacher.