𝐢𝐱. THE UNDERWORLD

▬▬▬▬▬ CHAPTER NINE ▬▬▬▬▬

THANK YOU FOR YOUR OPINIONS EVERYONE! I was gonna update tomorrow, but then I remembered that the election results were gonna show up either tonight or tomorrow so I figured I might as well publish a chapter before everything goes to shit (or doesn't, who knows! *smiling fearfully while also getting my passport ready*)

ESMERELDA WAS DOING HER BEST to forget the dream ever happened. Once the dream ended, she immediately woke up wanting answers—and that was the problem. It made her too curious. She was nearly tempted to find a way to the Underworld so she could meet her father—her real one, Regulus Black. But she couldn't just go to the Underworld to see him. That was Hades' domain.

Her father was dead and she needed to leave it alone.

Unfortunately for her, the dream kept haunting her. Every damn night she'd dream of the Underworld, of the cells, and her father shackled to the wall and being tortured by something invisible.

He's in the Fields of Punishment for a reason. He's not my problem anymore and he never was. She told herself over and over again. But every time she lived through that dream, she just wanted to go in that cell and unshackle him. His screams kept her up at night and the tortured look in his eyes stayed as jarring reminders throughout the day every time she so much as blinked.

She just couldn't escape from it no matter how hard she tried. Even worse, it seemed that she couldn't escape from Harry Potter as well. The boy was everywhere, with that shocked numb expression permanently glued to his face. The conversation he eavesdropped on at the Three Broomsticks seemed to be haunting him still.

She couldn't bear looking at him so she'd always leave as swiftly as she entered. She knew she was innocent in all this, but it just felt... wrong for her to be anywhere around Harry. Not when her family impacted his so much. Impacted it in the worst way possible, to be more specific.

She had been doing so well. Holding it all in and keeping in perfect control until December 19th came. The first day of winter break and the day more than half of the student body would be prepared to ride the train back home.

But Esmerelda made a slight, minor mistake. It was nothing big. She had just finished packing up her things when she realized she had yet to return a book from the library. If she had forgotten about it, then it would've been way over due by the time break was over and Madam Pince would have her head.

She had twenty minutes to return the book and hurry over to the train station before it departed. Not wanting to waste any time, she grabbed the book and decided to just Mist travel to the library instead.

She really should've just walked.

Her vision was filled with green as she Mist traveled away, except something was wrong. Just like those times where she accidentally ended up somewhere far away from her original location, it was taking quite a long time for her to 'land'. And then it happened.