𝐱𝐢𝐱. HEARING THE TRUTH

▬▬▬▬ CHAPTER NINETEEN ▬▬▬▬

"HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN ME to Italy before?" Esmerelda asked randomly.

Regulus looked at her with a raised brow. "No, I never took you out of England. Why are you asking?"

She struggled to explain it, "When I went to pick up uncle Sirius, there was a mishap with my Mist traveling and I ended up on the roof of some house in Venice, Italy. It felt... familiar to me, somehow. I kept seeing things. They were kind of like memories, but... it didn't make any sense to me. The house was different than before, and there was this baby and a little girl... I don't know. I just kept seeing things. I also know Italian, apparently."

"What?" He stared at her in utter confusion.

"Non lo so," she shrugged hopelessly. "That means 'I don't know' in Italian, by the way, and non lo so how I even knew that."

"Could it be a demigod thing?" He wondered.

She shook her head. "No, that can't be it. Demigods are hardwired for Ancient Greek not... Italian."

"I honestly have nothing," Regulus admitted (which he hated to say).

Her shoulders slumped. "It's fine. It was weird anyways, I'd rather just... forget about it. But on a brighter note!" A smile appeared over her lips. "Uncle Sirius is well-settled in New York. His makeover went great by the way!"

He snorted. "Don't tell him that. He's always had such a big head when it came to his appearance. Do you know how long it takes him to get ready? He prepares his outfits the night before, but he always changes his mind the last second and spends the next two hours redoing everything." He rolled his eyes. "Sooo bloody annoying."

She would speak up in her uncle's defense, but Sirius did spend at least a whole hour admiring himself in the mirror last night so her father actually had a point.

"He also has a new name," she added. "Steve White."

"His new name is Steve White?" Regulus scoffed. Figures his idiot brother would think of an alias like that.

"Yep!" She smiled.

"That's such a—"

"—I thought it all up!" She continued.

"—Brilliant name." He finished, smiling proudly.

She beamed at the compliment, and a few strands of grey hair fell over her face. As she placed it back, Regulus couldn't help but zero in on the grey hairs, irritation bubbling beneath him. It annoyed him, not knowing—especially since he felt that there was something off about it. Whatever caused it wasn't natural, not normal. If he weren't dead and confined here, he would've found out the truth easily, but alas...