13- Virgil

"Thank you," I said to the guard, who I've learned that his name was Adam. He nodded and went to a corner to watch over everything. Remy was being mean to Roman because he can't get a good picture. 

    "Roman! I said to look over here, not at Virgil!" Remy said, clearly annoyed, and pinched the bridge of his nose.

    "You want me to look at a boring shop! I want to look at something pretty!" Roman shot back as he crossed his arms. 

   I choked when I heard that and Emile started to giggle at us. Roman and Remy stared at each other, very intensely. Then Remy sighs and dropped his arms to his side in defeat. He brought his right arm up to his waist and started to shout at me.

     "Virgil! Go stand in front of that shop!" He said as he pointed the shop. It was a little bakery full of cakes and people, Ew people.

    "Wait, what?! Why am I getting roped into your argument?! " I yelled back as I stared at them both.

     "Bitch, just do it," Remy said as he grabbed his coffee cup off the floor where he had placed it. I sighed and got off my chair and did so. I sighed and drop to the floor to sit criss-cross. The other three looked confused by how quickly I did it. 

"You are a spider, that's all I got to say," Roman said as he went back into the pose he was doing and was now looking at me. I went stiff, not sure what to do then I heard knocking behind me. I jumped up and turned to see what it was. I say a teen holding a piece of paper. "Are you Virgil Storm?' it said.

    I looked to see if there was a door to the bakery from the patio space and there was. I nodded to the kid and got up and went to the door. The kid notice it and went over to it. I opened it and the kid looked really excited. 

    "I'm a huge fan of your work and it would mean a lot to me if I could get an autograph from you!" They said. I gave a small smile to them.

    "Of course, let me grab a pen, wait here," I said as I went back to Emile and grabbed my bag. I opened it and grabbed three pens, purple, red, and black. 

     Emile smiled at me as I turned to him. I raised an eyebrow, "What's got you smile?"I asked as I set my bag back on my chair.

     "You," He said as he went back to watching the shoot. I shook my head and went back over to the kid.

    "Okay, I got three colors, which would you like?" I asked them and they pointed to red. I gave them another smile. They handed me Thoughts of Me. I felt a wave of sympathy wash over me.

    "May I ask why you like this book?" I asked them. They took a deep breath and tears started to weld in their eyes.  "Hey, hey, hey, You don't need to tell me," I said to them as I held onto their shoulder. I gave them another smile, in an attempt to calm them down,

   "Um, I lost my mom to cancer, reading your book, and how you dealt with the loss of your dad, it was comforting to know that its okay to go threw something traumatic and have thoughts like that, and how you dealt with them helped a lot," The kid said as they wipped their eyes,

   "I'm sorry, that you lost your mom, but I'm glad you were able to find comfort with the book, that was my goal with publishing it," I said with a small smile, the kid looked at me with a small smile. 

    "Can I have a hug?" They asked and I smiled, I extended my arms and they went for it. I held them tightly, not really wanting to let go, but I did, I knew that they would be okay and that they had someone to go with.

     I opened the book and started to write, ' Life is full of challenges. Many of them will hurt for a bit, but in the end, you will develop yourself and figure out the good in the life that is yours,'. With that,I handed the book back to them and gave another smile to them. They smiled back.