26- Virgil

My light comes on, a visual alarm clock to wake me up. I shoot up to get myself awake like I do every day when I work...

     I no longer work...

     I sighed and tried to throw my legs off my bed but I caught myself remembering that we set up a bed for Janus and Remus. 

     I looked down trying to figure out where they were, but noticed that it was just the bare mattress on the ground. 

     "MMh, light.... light off..." Roman gargled out half awake, starting to stir, reaching out to me.

     "Computer, alarm off," I said towards the light, turning it off.

     "Thanks love," Roman said as he wrapped his arm around me successfully. I looked down at him, his hair all messy as it laid out along the bed. His mouth slightly gaped, making a slight snore as he breathed. 

     "Mmh, you're welcome," I said as I started to give him head rubs. I moved his arm off me; grabbed some clothes, underwear, and my towel, and went into the bathroom, locking both doors to take a shower. 

     The water was warm thankfully, and it was nice. The droplets made me think of rain, something that Ive always held dear to me. It was my dad's and I's favorite weather.

    Mom and Dad always knew that they had different opinions on rain. Mom hated it because it made a mess and it was always cold. Dad loved it because it was a source of life that's so naturally beautiful. I agree with them both, rain is really cold, but it's just such a beautiful natural phenomenon that It's welcomed when I'm out.

     The shower was longer than I expected, with me just dozing off at points thinking of what I needed to get done and then starting to panic about it then having to calm myself down about it and it just repeated.

     The towel around me was so fuzzy and warm compared to the air in the small space. I gladly dried myself off quickly, racing to prevent myself from being cold for a long time. 

     My outfit was nice, it was a pair of brown cargo pants with a white and green print top. I grabbed all my pjs and dirty clothes and took them to the living room, since the laundry in down in the basement. In my room, Roman was still asleep, and on the pull-out couch were Remus and Janus. 

    "Janus--Janus," I said, slightly shaking him awake,

    "Mmh? What's up?" He asked as he wiped his eyes,

    "Go to my room, I'm going to clean out here and it's going to be loud," I told him. Janus just nodded and shook Remus up. They both sat up, with Janus standing first and pulling Remus after. Remus grabbed all the blankets and wrapped the two of them in them as Janus led them to my room.

    I looked at the sink and noticed that most of the dishes were done, nothing too much was left in the sink, just utensils and some cups. I grabbed them all and put them into one side of the sink and cleaned them with hot water, then stuck them in the dishwasher.

I went into moms room, looking for her hamper, but it was empty so I left it alone. Mom wasnt their either, since she had to meet up with Ms. Bella

     I grabbed my dirty clothes hamper and pulled it to the door, putting on my shoes and grabbing some laundry baskets, my phone, my earbuds, and my keys. 

    Dragging my hamper was a difficult task to do in the first place, but balancing the baskets also made it hard, so I stuck my hamper into the baskets and used a belt to pull the basket to the elevator. The baskets already have the belts on there because we've done this forever.