Steph stares at her skeptically before she starts inspecting her nails nonchalantly.
"1, 2, 3...."

"So you guys went on a date, eh? I knew my ship would eventually sail."

"We did NOT go on a date," Steph says.

"Oh really?"

Steph glares at her. "Yes, really. We just went to the movies together. We were hanging out as friends."

"That's not how I see it and I doubt that's how Chris saw it too but I'm going to drop it."

Steph sighs in relief. "Thank you."

"But I never would have thought you'd leave Luke to hang out with Chris, of all people?" Brooke says the last three words in a falsetto tone, trying to mimick her friend.

"I do not sound like that," Steph deadpans.

"Did you see Ivy at the party?"

A frown appears on Brooke's face.
"Yeah, I did. She was dressed as an Angel. I felt like ripping the costume off her body or getting costume police to arrest her or something."

"Costume police?" Steph asks in amusement.

"Yeah," Brooke nods. "They're guys that'll arrest people like Ivy that wear costumes they should never even think of. It should be illegal."

Steph shakes her head, a smile tugging her lips. "Oh Brooke."

"You're just jealous I thought of it before you," Brooke sticks out her tongue at Steph.

Steph chuckles. "You're something."

"I'm one of a kind."

"Yeah," Steph agrees.

"I'm wondering what Ivy and Luke talked about."

Brooke stares at Steph who has a thoughtful look on her face.
"Don't bother yourself about it. She was probably grovelling or ordering Luke to take her back. And I believe Luke is wiser than falling into her claws again."

"Hmmm."

"So what are your plans for today?"

"I'm going to visit Emily today," Steph answers with a smile.

"Chris's little sister?"

"Yes."

"You sure are spending a lot of time with him," Brooke avers with a pointed look.

Steph rolls her eyes. "I'm going to spend time with Emily, not Chris. She's been asking to see me since I haven't babysat her in two weeks."

"Aww. Your sister-in-law," Brooke mutters to herself.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing," Brooke smiles.

"Since you're already here, you'll drive me to Chris' house?" Steph says, sounding more like a statement than a question.

"Sure. In the meantime, let's watch a movie."

Steph grins. "Something scary."

"No way!" Brooke disagrees. "Let's pick a random movie. One both of us haven't seen."