Harassment was the only thing I didn't experience in my life. Now that has happened too. I couldn't move my legs as it got stiffened. I caught the wall of a shop and squatted down. I wanted to see Ryan now. I pulled my handbag and searched for my phone.

I tried calling him many times, but he didn't pick. God!! Why is he not picking?? Why is this happening to me??  Then I tried calling Linda and she attended the call. When I heard her voice, I couldn't resist my tears.

" Diya, what happened?? Hey, tell me. I'm getting scared Diya" she panicked. I couldn't get words to speak

"I..want you..to come..pick me now..pleasee" I cried loudly.

" Where are you now? Tell me I will come" she said as I tried to remember the location I am in. I told her the location and

" Wait there. I will be there in ten minutes" she said and ended the call. I couldn't process anything in my mind right now. My legs and hands were cold and I couldn't control my tears too. I was afraid to the core.

But, after a few minutes I heard a male voice call my name. Did they come back?? God!! Please help me. I shivered and turned back to see John there. Oh God!!

"Diya..what happened?" he asked, taking out his coat and covered my shoulders.

"I want to go home" I stammered, wiping my tears.

"Ok ok. Wait there...one min" he said and went.

He had gone to park the car next to me and helped me get in.

"I was actually out for buying some necessities when I got a call from Linda. She send me here as it was an emergency. Don't cry, Diya.. she will reach home from the hospital at the same time we reach home. Please don't cry Diya" he said and I nodded and leaned my head to the glass window.

We reached home and I saw Linda standing in the parking lot. She didn't ask me anything and just helped me walk to my home. We got in and she went to get some water and made me sit on the couch. She then sat close to me. Our boo boo II came running and sat next to me and barked. I think he was asking me what happened.

"Nothing boo boo. Stop barking now" I said, running my fingers on his crown as he stopped barking and brought his face to my thighs and lied.

"Diya, please don't cry and tell us what happened. We are there for you" she said and I cried hard. She held my hand to stop shivering and I told them the whole incident.

"Bastards!! Thank god..nothing happened. You really fought them Diya. You shouldn't be afraid for this. You should be strong"she said, hugging me from the side and made me rest my head on her shoulders.

John came and kneeled in front of us to reach our height and said "Diya, you should be a strong woman. You shouldn't break like this. From now on carry a pepper spray with you and I will teach you on how to handle these and get help from police. Don't cry and be strong"

"Thank you, John" I said as he smiled and stood up.

"John, go and pick up Sofia. I will there with her here" she said as he nodded and walked out, closing the door.

"Diya, now come and change your dress" she said and made me walk to my room and helped me to get in the bathroom.

I turned on the shower and sat there crying. Why all this happen to me? Why can't women walk home safe without any fear? The thoughts of the disgusting human and the words flooded into my mind as I tried to scrub my face and arms to remove the feel of their dirty hands.

I cried and cried when I heard a knock at the door. Linda tapped the door continuously and shouted to open the door as I wrapped myself in a towel and opened

"Oh my god.. Diya!! See your skin..it's red. Are you mad? This is nothing. Please don't do like this " she said, hugging me.

"I can't see you like this my dear. Please don't think anything and come fast I have kept your clothes on bed" she said and went out. I didn't know what to do and I couldn't think properly so, I followed the words that Linda said. I didn't think anything and took a quick shower

I came out after a minute and changed the clothes that she had kept and went out. She was sitting in the dining. I walked and took a seat next to her.

" Diya, look at me" she said and kept her hand on my hand and gripped it as I looked at her.

" We as a woman are mentally stronger than men. A woman faces many struggles in life. We come across many things in the house, office everywhere. As a woman we should be strong and like today we must protect ourselves and walk through our life with that bold attitude. Even I have faced many and I don't want to remember that. So, leave everything behind. Be strong. This is nothing. You boldly fought against those filthy bastards. There is nothing to be worried. I cannot see you crying. You should be strong and forget this. Ok?? " she asked me looking at my eyes, excepting a positive answer.

I wiped my tears and said "I will be strong Linda. I was strong there when I fought, but I lost myself after that. I will assure you that I will be even more stronger and fight back everything that in my way" I said looking into her eyes.

"That's my Girl" she said and smiled.

" Linda, where's Ryan? I called him many times" I wanted to see him badly.

"I am sorry, Diya. He will be back in a few hours. He is in middle of the operation which takes hours. I hope you understand. Our Emergency department is like that" she said, her words carefully arranged and asking me not to get angry.

"I will not get angry on him. I can understand. It's just that I want to see him. Linda, thanks for" I didn't finish my sentence

"Stop!! NO..Don't ever say that" she said and I couldn't utter a word so, I hugged her.

"You should go. John and Sofia would have come home. I will be fine"

"Are you sure? Promise me you won't sit alone and cry"

" No, I won't. You have cleared my inner battles and worries"

"Good" she smiled and I nodded.

"Ok then, after Ryan comes, call me. Even I have messaged him. He will come soon" she said and walked out. I wanted to go to the balcony. I walked there and sat in Ryan seat and waited for him looking at the dark sky.

-×-×-×-×-

How's the chapter guys?

Next update - Friday

~ 1772 words ~ (unedited)