44: Can't I be happy?

Start from the beginning

"Thank you Kookie." Taehyung mumbled feeling his eyes closing in the gentle warmth of the older. Within a minute or two, his breathing become steady as his body was totally relaxed.

Yoongi smiled as he saw from the rearview mirror. The way Jungkook was looking at sleeping Taehyung, it felt like he was looking at his universe. He felt so good seeing Jungkook that much happy for the very first time.

"Didn't I tell you before, it was your luck that he arrived at the right time." He finally said to Jungkook, who without tearing away his gaze from Taehyung replied.

"Yeah.. I am lucky.. indeed."

Jungkook picked up the still-sleeping boy very carefully and entered his mansion with a smile, surprising all of his men. He walked straight to his room and placed Taehyung on the bed. He realized that the other was still wearing his office suit, his dark green coat with the white shirt was matching with his complexion.

He thought to remove the coat but finally decided to leave the other rest for a bit more, right when he untangled his arms from Taehyung's body and turned back to leave, a small tug on his sleeve stopped him again. He turned back to see Taehyung looking at him with half-closed eyes.

"Where are you going?" His a bit hoarse voice asked out and Jungkook felt his lips twitch at the way the younger was looking at him.

He sat on one knee and gently caressed Taehyung's hand with a smile.

"You think I can go anywhere now when you are here.. with me?" The way Taehyung's ear turned red was the scene that made him laugh wholeheartedly. His very unique laughter echoed in the dark walls of his room, which was always gloomy.

Taehyung sat up, his eyes fixed on the other's bunny teeth, heart thumping in joy at the unique voice of the other. He also smiled unconsciously, feeling contended.

"Your laughter is beautiful.. you should laugh more." Taehyung blabbered out and Jungkook's smile faded when his gaze fell on the adorable human looking at him with a smile.

"If you stay with me, I will definitely laugh more.. the thing I actually forgot years ago," Jungkook said, eyes fixed on Taehyung's soft ones.

Taehyung quickly averted his gaze, his cheeks heating up and he was sure that he must be looking like a tomato. So he decided to change the topic.

"Um- I- I don't feel comfortable in these. Can you give me some clothes?" He said, pointing towards his very formal clothes. Jungkook also felt his ear burning and he nodded his head, got up from the floor, and went to his closet to grab some soft clothes. His eyes wandered around his closet for a whole minute, finding something more colorful and soft for the blond but sighed when he found nothing like that.

He grabbed some black sweatpants and a loose black shirt.. well all was black in the closet.

Taking the clothes in his hands, he felt a memory flash, how the other had to remain in his marriage clothes for days when he-

"Kookie?" A voice interrupted his thoughts and a pang of new guilt built up in his chest when he walked towards the bed.

"Here.. I- I don't have many collections." He said apologetically and Taehyung nodded his head with a smile.

"No worries. These are still comfortable." Taehyung replied and quickly rushed to the bathroom after confirming that.

Jungkook sat there with the guilt, he started fidgeting with his fingers like a scolded child.

After about 10 minutes, Taehyung came out of the room.. his hair was wet, showing that he had a shower. His cheeks were red as he finally realized what he had done.