“I didn’t have a kid on purpose. It just happened. But I was like you and now I’m married with a six year old. We had her when we were nineteen. I was scared to death but Stell…she changed my life.”

“Did your wife want kids?”

“Yeah…not at nineteen but yeah, she wanted them. I was never going to be with anybody else so…”

“So you popped the question?”

“Yeah.”

“Marriage, maybe but kids are not for me. I just…no.” I said honestly.

He nodded, a smirk still on his face. I couldn’t imagine ever having kids. I just couldn’t. I wouldn’t want to share Grace anyway. I knew it was really stupid but I felt like I required all of her attention. I couldn’t believe that I let her go with Liam today after he pulled a stunt like that. I wanted to kill him all over again.

“So are you ready to see the kitchen?”

“Yeah, sure.” I said, ridding myself of these annoying thoughts.

I followed Logan through the café as he spoke with regulars and staff members. He knew everyone and everyone knew him. For a second, I felt like I was walking alongside a celebrity. He pushed past the swinging doors and I was taken aback by the side of the kitchen. It was huge and there were at least a dozen people moving around inside.

“So we do pastries, sandwiches, entrées,  you name it. We have an ice cream counter out front made in house. I know this is all overwhelming. It was to me when I first came here but as soon as you move in June, Ashton and I will help you along. You’ll be a pro by the time I leave in August.”

“It’s so soon.”

“Yeah. You’ll do good bro. Hey, this is Carlos, our head chef. He’s amazing. We hired him and he moved all the way from New Mexico to be here.”

“Hi, Harry Styles. Nice to meet you Carlos.” I said, shaking hand.

Carlos was short and stocky with curly dark brown hair and dark skin. He looked friendly, a huge grin lighting up his face.

“Hiya Harry. It’s nice to meet the guy who will be running this place. We have all been told great things about you from Ashton.”

“So I guess he lied then.” I joked, making Logan and Carlos laugh loudly.

Carlos threw a dishtowel over his shoulder and stomped off, making his way over to the other side of the kitchen to yell at someone.

“Don’t let the friendly vibe fool you. Carlos runs a tight ship back here, doesn’t take any crap.”

I smiled, motioning to the girl was being yelled at.