I knew the answer but I didn’t want to say it.

“I don’t know…no…I don’t think so.”

“That’s the stupidest thing you could possibly say.”

“There’s nothing that will make me leave him Liam. The only way I would leave him was if he wanted me to. I love you but it’s not enough. I’m sorry.”

“Why did he even have to move here? You would be with me right now if he never came into your life.”

“Can we not play the what-if game? He did move here and I do love him.”

“I know. I just really think he will screw up again.”

“I hope you are wrong.” I said honestly.

Harry’s POV

“Hey how’s it going Harry? I’m Logan, the active manager at Fromage.”

“Hi. It’s nice to meet you.” I said, shaking his hand and looking around the huge café.

There was a staircase against the wall on the right side. I assumed it led up to the apartment. The café stretched for what seemed like miles and there were two counters ringing people up. The place had to have a huge staff. College kids filled the place, absentmindedly playing on their phones or staring at their laptop screens. The only think I could think about was that I would be running this place. I was overwhelmed. Every member of the staff seemed to know exactly what to do, their routines memorized and standing there, I felt like a fish out of water. Logan seemed to be middle to late twenties and I couldn’t help but notice how comfortable he seemed here.

“So, Ashton thinks you are perfect for the job. I actually wish that I could stay. This is the best job ever especially when you live just up the stairs but it’s time for me to get serious and be with my life and little one.”

I nodded as he pulled out something from his back pocket. He flipped open his wallet and handed it over to me.

“That’s my little princess, Stella.”

I looked at the picture of a cute little blonde. She looked to be about five years old or so. I smiled, looking back at Logan.

“She’s cute. I guess that complicates things….a kid.” I said uncomfortably.

Logan started laughing and I wasn’t sure what exactly I’d done to make him laugh. He looked around the café, shaking his head.

“I used to be just like you, you know? I can tell how you are. Young kid never wanting to get real.”

“And so you had a kid?” I laughed.

I knew I’d more than likely never want children. I don’t like the idea of being responsible for how someone turns out. That thought is just…weird.