1

"Ow!! How dare you yank my hair, you insolent peasant?"

"I'm sorry Princess Azula, there was a knot, I didn't mean—"

"Shut up! I've had enough of your groveling, it is pathetic. Leave this palace immediately. Lo, Li!"

"Yes, Princess Azula?" Two synchronized voices call out.

"Print an ad, I need a new hairdresser immediately. There is a war meeting this afternoon and I will not have anything out of place, understand?"

"Yes, your majesty," the elderly twins bowed and left.

~

"So where are you off to so early in the morning? I never see kids your age waking up before noon!" A plump fire nation woman questioned.

"I have an important day ahead, looking for work, ma'am." The young tenant responded. She had not been in the capital long, but she was on a mission.

The lady thought this girl was very peculiar, having shown up in the middle of the night asking for a room but giving no other information away. A very strange girl indeed...

"I should be back soon," the girl said as she walked out the door.

She walked through the streets of the city, eyes peeled for any signs of places hiring, when she saw the billboard strewn with flyers. She raced over to it, reading the flyers one by one until her eyes landed on a flier with particularly high quality paper and penmanship.

She skimmed the ad. Personal hair stylist for the royal palace? Interview at 42 Lava St at noon. The girl quickly snatched the flier from the board, before more people could see it. This was a perfect way to get into the palace and initiate her plan. This may be easier than she thought.

After stopping for a cup of morning tea, the girl made her way to the listed address using a map the tea shop owner gave her. She gasped when she looked up from her map at her destination. A line of girls wrapped around the building and continued all the way down the street.

The girl sighed, realizing she might have to go back to her original plan. She turned to leave, when a sharp voice caught her ears.

"Can't you peasants move any faster?"

She looked to see the princess arriving at the building by paladin, looking rather pissed. Still across the street, the strange girl began to make her way over, the wheels in her brain turning with a scheme.

The girls in line fell to the ground, bowing at the princess's feet as she made her way over to them.

"Which one of you uglies will be my next hairdresser? Couldn't you find any prettier girls? These ones don't look very promising at all, they can't even do their own hair." The princess scrunched up her nose in disgust.

"What is the princess doing so far from the palace?" the girl called out casually as she strolled towards the princess from behind, only stopping when the guards moved forward warningly.

"I mean, surely you could have gotten someone on staff to interview these ladies for you. All this for a hairdresser...?" The girl continued, a hue of amusement in her voice.

"What's this?" Azula angrily turned, "And who do you think you—" Azula paused when she saw the girl before her. Not a strand out of place on the girl's head, a light smile resting on her face, and she stood with an almost royal poise. The girl didn't cower away under Azula's glare.

"Well you may as well send them away now, princess. There's no one who could do the job better than me," the girl tilted her head, eyeing the long line of girls with an expression that resembled pity.