Chapter 34: Never been easy

"You know..." Sidon sighed. "It's never been easy. For either of us."

"Sidon, I'm sorry. I let my temper get the best of me. I know we're both trying to push through right now. I just want you to know that I didn't mean it at all." Link sighed and Sidon nodded slowly.

"I know you're worried about her, but I am too. She's my best friend, Link. I care about her deeply." Sidon looked back down at his desk and fidgeted with his pen before setting it down.

"I think think she should stay at Hyrule Castle for a bit. Just to help her fully regain her memory." Link said, looking out the window.

"Alright then." Sidon breathed out slowly. "Just let her know I'd love to see her when possible."

"Will do. And seriously Sidon, I couldn't be more sorry about what I said. Truly."

Chrystal's POV

So much had changed. Things that wouldn't have happened if the Great Calamity didn't. No, I'm not thanking it, many lives were lost including my Vincent. But the way I see it now, they've managed to perfect the little they had and turn it into something bigger and better for all of us.

But of course, even now that I'm back to experience this 'perfect world' they've created, it still isn't right. My brother and sister are both missing, and my sister in law, and Scarlett's been having to take care of a lot at such a young age. She's only 23!

I had recently turned 30, since I've only veen free a few months and I had been separated with my daughter for 14 years previously. I was just now being sent here to find them. My only true company this last week was Sidon and Dorephan. Scarlett hasn't returned home yet, and I was wondering what she would think of my being home. Would she be angry with me? Upset? Happy? Shocked? Likely.

"Chrystal, are you sure you're ready to see Scarlett? She's going to be home this weekend." Sidon told me from the doorway. I was unpacking some things in a room they gave me.

"Of course I'll be ready to see Scarlett! She's my daughter, I miss her." Sidon nodded and began to leave but I stopped him. "The real question is..."

"Yes...?" He asked, and neither of us were facing each other. I was still unpacking, and he was still looking down the hall.

"Are you ready to see _____?" Sidon froze, and I heard him laugh lightly as if I were kidding.

"She hasn't showed up in 9 years, you say it as if she'll be home with Scarlett." He sighed and I looked over at him.

"Well, if I know my sister, she'll be home soon. If she doesn't come back in time to mark the tenth year from her leaving, then I don't know what to tell you." I moved my swords and he nodded before leaving again.

Would it be enough? Maybe. I know my sister better than anyone, and she would never just let us all down. Especially Sidon and Link. But if she wasn't home soon, something could've happened to her.

Sure, I was ready to see my daughter, but I wasn't ready to see my siblings. What would they think of me now? All of these thoughts ran through my head. It was... scary.

This family, truly, had become perfectly imperfect.

________

Addition for any new or current readers - I understand I said Scarlett is 23 and Chrystal is 30 - ages got messed up

Chrystal was in the shrine 9 years longer than Scarlett, after going in at the same time and stuff

(I think anyways it's been a long time since this was written)