Chapter 31: Worried Husband

"Sidon! Look what I found!" You showed him the frog you had caught, and he laughed a bit.

"That's cool! Did you name it too?" The frog jumped out of your hands and into Sidon's.

"Hmm..." You thought for a few moments. "Muzu!"

"Haha! Muzu will be thrilled that we named a frog after him! Let's go show him!" You and Sidon ran to show Muzu... well, Muzu. Introducing the Muzu's!

--9 Years Later!--

Sidon's POV

"Soon! Just a few months! I love you!"

Her words rang in my head over and over again. The very last thing she said to me before she left. And 9 years later, I haven't heard anything about her.

Life had been... something lately. Scarlett became queen of Hyrule until Link and Zelda are back. Although Rhoam was protesting that he should've been king, it was his kingdom. He had a point, but he's 9. And we need a leader now. Scarlett's 23.

Today was _____'s birthday, so Scarlett agreed to take the kids out. They didn't know it was their mother's birthday. Only Scarlett and I did.

"Sidon, you sure you don't want me to stay? I could always let the kids go with Bazz and Kyri, I heard they were taking Mizune to Rito Village for a couple weeks." She asked, sitting down on my bed while I did some paper work at my desk.

"Scarlett, you don't need to stay. I'll be fine." I didn't look up from my desk, but I could hear her sigh.

"But you'll be alone." I looked up this time and shook my head.

"I have my father here. I'm not alone." I looked back at my work and her heels clicked on the marble floor when she got up.

"Very well. They wanted to go anyways, so is that okay? I'll be with them." I nodded and she left, closing the huge doors behind her.

Truth is, I did miss Scarlett's company. She was always either at Hyrule Castle, out somewhere else, or with the children. But sometimes - especially on days like today, where I can't get _____ off my mind - it's nice to just be alone with my thoughts. Even though _____ is in my thoughts constantly, it'll never truly be alone with her. Because she isn't here.

Later that evening, the nine of them left, and I headed up to my father's chambers.

"Hello, Sidon. What brings you here my boy?" He leaned back in his throne and I sighed, looking at the calendar on the wall. He looked too, and then nodded.

"Ah, I see. It's _____'s birthday. Sidon, are you alright?" I shook my head and sat down. I was trembling terribly. "I know how hard it is right now. We'll make it through, just as we've made it through other things."

"I know father, but ever since Muzu left..." I trailed off and my father sighed deeply.

"I know, Sidon. But we have no choice right now but to push through. For the children, Link and Zelda, and especially for _____." He closed his eyes, and suddenly all of the memories ran through my head.

****

"Dorephan, this is our son Link. And these are our daughters, _____ and Chrystal." The guard was holding two children in his arms, and his wife had one.

The man had a four year old and a two year old, and the woman had a newborn. The children of legend, as I've been told by Mipha, who's already met Link.

****

"Dorephan! Sidon! Mipha!" She ran in, her arms held out wide.

"_____!" I ran over and hugged her. She was so tall compared to me, I had to wonder if I'd ever be that tall. Maybe even taller, like father.

****

"I'll see you in 2 weeks." She smiled before hugging me. 2 weeks before her 18th birthday. I was excited to give her the present.

"I'll miss you." I breathed out, not wanting her to leave.

"It'll only be 2 weeks. Not like it'll be 100 years, Sidon." She giggled and patted my head.

"You're right."

****

"Sidon?" I snapped out of my daze to see my father's face. Covered in tears.

"F-Father! What's wrong?"
He wiped away the tears and shook his head.

"I know you love her. It's hard. And I understand completely. I've felt your pain." He sighed and I looked down for a few minutes before looking back up again, locking eyes with him.

"But you... you lost her. _____ is still alive as far as we're aware. Unless you've been told otherwise?" I prayed he would say no.

"Of course not, or I would have told you by now." I sighed, relieved. Of course, I couldn't guarantee a thing. But I also couldn't not.

"I think I should get to sleep. I'm exhausted." I yawned and stretched out.

"Alright then son. You go rest, don't pressure yourself." I nodded and headed for my room.

As soon as I laid down and was covered, I tried to sleep but couldn't. I couldn't sleep when all I could think about was my wife.

****

"I don't think I could ever sleep a night without you." Sidon smiled, and you cuddled up next to him.

"Really? Not even a night?" You yawned, leaning your head on his arm.

"Maybe... one. But never more." He kissed your head and the both of you fell asleep.

___________

Welcome to Flamefix town! Separations to the left, reunions to the right. And if you look up, there's some fluff! But if ya look down, there may be angst. Enjoy your stay! (Oh, don't look behind you or you could trigger a battle)