Chapter 32: Who was she?

"If we have a little girl, we should name her Zippora." Sidon said, looking up at the stars. The two of you were outside, just star gazing together.

"Zippora?" You looked him, and he looked back at you. His golden eyes glowing more incredibly than any star you've ever seen. You wondered if wishing was possible.

"Yeah, it's a pretty name. And what about Zuko for a boy?" He smiled and you chuckled, kissing his cheek.

Zippora's POV

We arrived at Rito Village just a couple of days after leaving the domain. Zuko had been acting strange, blabbering about things that made Scarlett seem irrtated. And... even secretive. But she wouldn't keep secrets from us, would she?

"And I heard that this Ganon guy was trying to -" Scarlett had had enough of it.

"Zuko! Where are you hearing this from?!" She glared at him, and looked at my siblings and cousin and I before looking back at him.

"I, uh... dad told me." He stumbled over his words and Scarlett sighed.

"Then I'll have a talk with him when I get home." We got to our room and unpacked. Then we went to speak with Kaneli.

"Alright, you five stay here. I'll be back." We waited for her to get Kyri, and I remembered I question that I thought since my dad wouldn't tell me, maybe Kaneli could.

"Master Kaneli?" I looked up at him and he nodded.

"Yes Zippora?" I looked down for a moment and then back up at him.

"Do you know who my mother is?" His eyes widened and he thought.

"Ah, your mother Queen-" The sharp voice that I knew well cut him off before he got to her name.

"Kaneli!" It was Scarlett, of course. She would never let me know a thing about my mother. "I-I brought Kyri! Zippy, go play with your siblings for a bit." Zippy?

"Zippy?" She had an awkward smile across her face and Kyri looked a bit angry. She rolled her eyes and quietly sighed.

"What? I always call you Zippy!"

Scarlett has never once in my 11 years of living called me Zippy before right now.

"I was just asking about my mom. Kaneli was just about to tell me-" Scarlett opened her mouth to speak, but Kyri beat her to actually getting the words out.

"Come on Zippora. All of you! Come with me. Scarlett, here's the designs. Bazz can explain them to you two. I'll be down at the ponds with these six." Kyri took us all down to the ponds below.

Once we got there, my siblings were quick to jump in. I dipped my feet in, but didn't feel like swimming. I was angry that no one would tell me about MY Mother!

"Hey, Zippora." Kyri sat down next to me. Her spikey fins and green-tinted golden eyes extremely unique.

"Hey Kyri. Why won't anyone just tell me about my mom?" I asked, looking down at my reflection in the water. Wondering if I maybe got my appearance from her.

"Listen Zip," She started with a nickname that's she's actually called me before and calls me often. "I took you out here to tell you. But you can't tell your siblings, and don't let Scarlett know I told you. She'd kill me, and your dad probably would too."

"Okay!" I squealed quietly, eager to hear about my mom. Finally!

"Your mother is Queen _____." _____... it's a beautiful name. I think I've heard it before too, someone must have spoken of her.

"What was she like?" I asked, playing with my hair and kicking my feet.

"She was incredible. An amazing friend, an amazing warrior, an amazing mother to you and your siblings. An amazing aunt, sister, sister in law, and oh my goodness I could go on all day. But one thing you'd have to hear from your father, was what an amazing wife she was." She sighed and looked down at the water.

"Will I ever get to meet her?" She looked up, almost caught off guard by this question.

"Hopefully soon. She's been gone for nine years, and we don't know her condition. We haven't heard a thing about her since she first left." She closed her eyes, and wiped a tear from her eye before it had time to roll down her cheek.

"It's hard isn't it? Missing her?"

______________