𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘯

𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐗

𝘐𝘕𝘚𝘛𝘈𝘕𝘛 𝘙𝘈𝘔𝘌𝘕

𝘐𝘕𝘚𝘛𝘈𝘕𝘛 𝘙𝘈𝘔𝘌𝘕

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I'm happy to hear everything turned out fine between you two." Hyeri's father nodded, then took a sip of coffee. "Did you hear about the race?"

The following morning, Hyeri met up with his fater to his favorite breakfast & brunch restaurant to catch up and discuss some important matters.

"Yes, me too." She meant it. Falling asleep in Min's arms again was a remedy for her, a sure way to get a good night's sleep. "No, I didn't," Hyeri confessed, shaking her head. "I'm sorry, I was a little too caught up in my personal life yesterday."

"It's fine, Hyeri. Don't apologize to me. I told you I got it covered. Kim Taehyung won again, just as expected."

She nodded. "He's really out here to make a name for himself, isn't he?"

"He is. That's why I offered him a deal."

"What?!" Hyeri's eyes grew wider. When she told Taehyung that he might get a sponsorship, she didn't think it would actually happen. It was a possibility, but she thought her father would discuss this with her before making the proposal. "I mean, what deal?"

Director Yoon tried to hide his suspicions by clearing his throat. "I told him I'll make him the newest BMW Group Asia's driver if he doubles his podium streak."

"Double?" she repeated. "But that's what? Ten consecutive podiums? Appa, that's—"

"Tough, I know. But if he can do it, then he deserves a sponsorship. We could use him to return to Formula One."

Formula One. Taehyung mentioned it was his ultimate dream. Every professional driver aspired to make it there one day, but few dared to say it out loud out of fear. Fear of mockery. Fear of failure. Korea was yet to debut in Formula One and BMW Group was yet to return there.

"Do you really think we can do it? Convince the other executives to work on a prototype for F1 and build it, I mean."

Director Yoon nodded. "Yes, I think we can. But we need to handle the prototype part ourselves and present this project to them after it's completed."

"Can we cover these costs?" Hyeri asked, genuinely wondering about how they were going to pay for this. Formula One was anything but cheap.

"We'll figure that out too."

She trusted her father, but she was not pleased to hear that. She was afraid he'd do anything to see his dream come true and she knew it better than anyone that actions have their own consequences. It was only natural for her to worry.