𝐯𝐢. 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦

𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐗

𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘙𝘐𝘛𝘠 𝘙𝘈𝘊𝘌

𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘙𝘐𝘛𝘠 𝘙𝘈𝘊𝘌

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Just when she thought she was done pulling all-nighters for a while, she did it again. This time, however, it was not because of work, everything was already done and ready for the event, but because she hasn't been able to get a hold of Min. Their apartment felt empty without him and their bed felt cold.

She knew she has been neglecting him and his needs since she was put in charge of this project, but she couldn't find a way to balance her work and her personal life. She barely sent everything that needed to be sent before the deadlines and she only focused on work, how was she supposed to do this perfectly and be a good girlfriend at the same time?

This charity race was important to her and she wouldn't have done things differently. But if there was one thing she wanted to change if she could do it was remembering Min's birthday. She knew when his birthday was, but she didn't realize today was the day, and she wasn't going to forgive herself for that.

If it had been the other way around, she would have felt broken-hearted. And he probably did too. She tried calling him again, but his phone was still turned off.

Hyeri sat on the bed. All the lights were turned off and the lively buzz of the city felt like a distant sound, a memory. But this silence was overwhelming. She was so used to have Min as her roommate that she couldn't rest whenever he wasn't at home.

They moved together after she turned eighteen, his father bought them an apartment near the Eiffel Tower and even if she did have her own rented place in a beautiful neighborhood, she was happy to move out and move in with him. And even before that, they would often sleep at each other's places. Hyeri could never live by herself, that much she already figured out. She was afraid of the silence and the loneliness of an empty house.

She checked her phone every two minutes, hoping he'd call. Or text. All she wanted was to see his name popping on the screen. She wanted to know he was okay.

She had no idea where he could go and as long as his phone was turned off, she had no chance to find out. She couldn't contact his friends either, she lost their phone numbers a couple of years ago and she didn't bother to ask for them again. She never thought she needed them, since Min had the numbers in his phone and they were always together.

But not now.

The night went by painfully slow. Her heart grew heavier with every minute that passed and her thoughts were put under siege by her demons and replaced with dark ones. When the first ray of sunlight passed through the window and laid on her tired face, she felt it burning. But at least she felt something.