Chapter 14

"Dean? Are you awake?" A voice crept into Dean's sleep-addled brain. The hunter just groaned and dug his face further into his pillow and tightened his grip around it, quickly realizing that it was Cas's chest.

Cas let out a light laugh and began to run his fingers through Dean's short hair. "Dean, you have to get up at some point. It's almost noon."

Dean just tightened his grip around Cas once more. Not many knew it, but Dean loved the feeling of Cas's fingers raking through his hair. Dean nearly fell back asleep right then and there.

However, Cas realized that pretty quickly and switched to rubbing his back instead, knowing that it was equally comforting, but not enough to put Dean to sleep.

"Damn you," Dean mumbled into Cas's chest. He then looked up, trying not to dig his chin into Cas's sternum, and 'glared' at Cas; his husband just gave him a small smile.

When Cas's smile didn't waver, Dean just sighed and placed his head back on the angel's chest. "Fine." After a minute, Dean finally threw off the covers and slowly sat up, Cas sitting up right behind him and wrapping his arms around Dean's torso, placing one of his hands over his heart.

"How do you feel?"

Dean just sighed, placing a hand over Cas's hand, the one over his heart, and interlocked their fingers, leaning back into his husband, who instinctually tightened his grip. "I think? I mean, I'm happy he's gone, really. I'm ecstatic. But, I'm exhausted and I don't know if it's mentally or physically. Or both."

Cas the thumb of his free hand up and down in a comforting motion. "It's ok. You've been through an emotional rollercoaster over the past few days. Plus, you're still suffering from an adrenaline rush last night and your...accident, a few nights ago. You'll probably be exhausted for a few days."

Dean nodded and closed his eyes, snuggling further into Cas.

A knock on the door echoed through the room.

"Umm, are you decent?" Mary's voice asked from the other side of the door.

"Yes, Mary, come in," Cas called out, adding a laugh at the end. They were both shirtless, having taken off their shirts after Cas brought Dean back to their room.

Mary pushed open the door and stepped in, a smile on her lips when she saw the position they were in.

"The girls already left, but we have something for you in the kitchen," Mary said, then left the room.

"Time to get up," Cas whispered into Dean's ear, then lightly pecked the space below his ear before getting up.

"Noooo," Dean whined, falling back onto the bed. But he quickly rolled over onto his stomach when he saw Cas shimmy out of his sweatpants to put on a pair of worn-out jeans.

When Cas noticed, he just smirked and stuck out his ass as he bent down to pick up one of Dean's band shirts from the floor. He then looked back at Dean after throwing on the shirt, making his way over. Dean rolled over on his back as Cas leaned over him, placing a chaste kiss onto his lips. Cas then stood back up and threw a pair of jeans and a shirt at Dean.

Dean just pouted and sat back up and got up, quickly throwing on the clothes.

Cas walked over and grabbed Dean's hand, giving it a little squeeze. Finally deciding to leave the room, Cas nearly dragged Dean out of the room and into the kitchen.

They were both surprised to find the kitchen counter filled with pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage, and other breakfast items; all his favorites.

Dean looked around at the other people in the room, tears threatening to slip down his face.

"After what you went through, we wanted to do something nice for you for a change," Sam explained, gesturing to all the food with a familiar shine in his eyes. "After learning some more of the millions of things you did for me growing up, Gabriel and I decided to do something for you. We cooked all of your favorite foods all morning since we didn't know what to get you."

Tears shed down both brother's faces. Sam came out from behind the counter and Dean nearly tackled his brother to the ground with a hug.

"Thank you, Sammy," Dean cried into Sam's shoulder.

"I'm sorry for everything that happened to you, De. I'm so sorry," Dean just tightened his grip around his little brother.

"None of it was your fault, little brother. I did it for you, but not because of you, you understand me?" He felt Sam nod into his shoulder.

They eventually let go of each other and wiped their tears. Dean looked back around to the food. "How long did this take you to do?"

"Well, Cas put you to bed around 5 and we finished half an hour ago, so around nearly six hours."

Dean let out a long whistle. "Damn, all for little ole me?"

"Anything for you, bucko," Gabriel called out from behind the counter.

"Samuel, did you forget something?" Rowena questioned.

A lightbulb went off in Sam's head. "Oh, yeah, come on, I want to show you something!" Sam grabbed Dean's hand and dragged him out of the kitchen and into the garage. Cas and Gabe followed behind while Mary, Rowena, Jack, Benny, and Crowley stayed behind.

Dean was confused. He had already seen all the cars in the garage and Sam knew that there was no point in getting a new car.

Sam covered Dean's eyes as he positioned him the way he wanted. When he uncovered Dean's eyes, he was confused at first. Then, it clicked.

Sam had washed Baby head to toe and even had repainted the scratches that he hadn't gotten around to fixing.

Dean felt more tears gather in his eyes as he turned to look at Sam. "Did you really..?" Dean trailed off.

Sam smiled and nodded, his hair wildly bouncing up and down. "Yup, and I did it all by hand. Gabriel had no part in it."

Dean looked to Gabe who was smiling. "For once, I'm not lying when I say I did absolutely nothing."

Dean giggled, then turned back to look at his little brother. "Thank you. Now, who wants to enjoy some breakfast?" He asked, clapping his hands together, smiling.

However, before anyone could answer, a loud of "Dad! Pops! Someone's in the Map room!" rang out.

The group of four ran into the Map room to find the rest of their family standing in front of an incredibly recognizable figure.

"Amara? What are you doing here?"