[ viii ]

jacob woke up to a cold bed and sunlight pouring through the window, torturing his eyes. he sat up and looked around, his eyes meeting sangyeon's, who was sipping tea while seated on his bed. "where's kevin?", jacob asked, not forgetting last night.

"he left like an hour ago, mister sleepy head. the kid wakes up quite early, but i woke up earlier, easier to get a few pictures of you and the boyfie all snuggled up. speaking of, you have quite a strong hold on kevin. he struggled to make you let him go"

the canadian took a few moments to process this information, thanks to his sleepy brain, but once he did, he immediately threw a glare at sangyeon and exclaimed, "he's not my boyfriend. i'm not sure if we're even friends!"

"then make friends. save the drama, i got practice. you should head to the company soon. i heard you were gonna do a vlive today"

jacob nodded, but the live wasn't until late afternoon-ish, so he spent the rest of his time blasting chill and soft tunes through the apartment once sangyeon was gone. when it was nearing three, he got ready, put on professional clothes, slightly styled his hair, and washed his face. he preferred a bare look. once he was ready, jacob called his manager to pick him up. he could drive, but he chooses not to worry his mother who was all the way in canada. 

—[◇]—

on the opposite side of the city, a certain male was having a very hard time concentrating in microbiology. kevin moon's brain would absolutely not stop replaying the feeling of being embraced by jacob. the warmth the elder offered for just a few moments was driving kevin crazy in class. younghoon kept nudging him when he zoned out.

throughout the lecture, the canadian kept thinking of jacob's arms, quite buff and athletic, being very gentle as they held him last night. the thought of jacob's hugs made kevin's body tingle with longing and yearning. oh, how he wished he hadn't left jacob's bed the same morning!

he hated himself a little for swooning over how jacob and him cuddled all night long, while he should be paying attention to microbio. the elder made him feel safe, he always had. it may sound a little cheesy, but that's just what it was. he made kevin feel like he belonged somewhere, if not seoul.

soon, class was over, and kevin couldn't be more happy. actually he could be, in jacob's embrace, but he wasn't going to admit that to anyone other than himself. they had recess now, so they headed to the university cafeteria. younghoon and kevin spotted chanhee saving a table for them in a corner. they went over, and kevin dropped down on the seat dramatically.

"what's wrong with you, mister doctor?"

kevin threw chanhee a glare at the nickname, and went back to burying his head in his arms on the table. "i'll tell you chanhee, he slept over at jacob bae's dorm last night and even cuddled with him"

"ooh, so mister doctor is love sick" (a/n we are the lovesick giiiiirls~)

chanhee's joke was only met with a very cute whine from the boy, followed by a small "stop~". the couple smiled fondly at their cute best friend.

kevin finally lifted his head and said, "maybe i do like him again, but there's nothing i can do about it!" he proceeded to pout with his non-existent lips.

"look, kev, we have absolutely no problem who you like. but think about it. what if jacob hurts you again? you've already been through enough and your nightmares only add up the burden. you shouldn't have him only for him to leave again. me and chanhee think the same"

—[◇]—

jacob plopped down head first on the sofa in his studio. he was absolutely exhausted, the reason being a two hour long vlive. he kept singing whatever the fans commented, and he was now done for the day. the idol whipped out his now almost dead phone and messaged eric, his friend (he was an idol too, but was also in college) whether they could meet up.

eric was young, yet he somehow always managed to lift the elder's mood when he was feeling down. eric was very energetic and radiated positivity. he was like a puppy which melted everyone's hearts. when jacob got a reply that the younger's classes end at five but he was free after that, he texted back saying he will pick him up and maybe they could go for a drive and blast one direction.

since his comeback was near (it was yet to be announced), he was also preparing hard and helping in composing and making the songs. everything was going smoothly, and that day, his staff were gonna have a meeting to finalize the album. so, he decided to ask his manager how that went before heading out.

jacob found the company secretary while heading out and decided to ask her instead. although the reply he received was not very ensuring. "the meeting wasn't that great, we can't find a designer to design the album"

(a/n lmao I'm late but re-reading mdzs for the billionth time takes a while. also, jacob can actually drive, and his mother and brother do worry because he can drive lol)