Chapter 1 (Marco's POV)

So much homework! to much! Mr. Ackerman isn't letting any of us have a moment of piece especially after we caught him and Mr. Smith kiss in the halls. Damn it Jean why did you have to take a picture and post it on social media.... I sighed thinking whatever, it isn't like moping around is going to get all this homework done.  I called up Jean to see if he wanted to hang out at the local cafe and do our homework there. It isn't like he's busy or anything and since when would he be busy? 

He eventually picked up "Yo, sup Marco" Jean said in his usual lazy tone. I smiled softly "Hey Jean, You wanna go get coffee and do the homework at the cafe?" I asked as he stayed silent for a moment "Jean?" I asked again. "hmmmmmmmm naaaaahhh I'm good" he said which made me kind of confused. "why not? are you actually busy for once?"  I teased him even though I was surprised he was busy.

"I have you know I have a very busy schedule! it's just that I know your gonna invite Armin" He responded which made me confused and so I cocked a brow " what's wrong with Armin?" I asked as he yelled in the phone "YOU GUYS TALK ABOUT NERD THINGS FOR HOURS  ON END! IT GETS ANNOYING!" he said. I chuckled "whatever its your loss" I said " no it isn't, fucking nerd" He said snickering over the phone "whatever, Jean-boy" I said as he was about to yell at me until I hung up on him.

I called up Armin and he agreed to meet up.I grabbed my belongings including the enormous amount of homework. I walked over to the cafe and looked up hearing my name "MARCO!" I saw Armin call out my name smiling and waving. I smiled back softly and walked over to him. "you wanna get a coffee now or later?" I asked as he shrugged " I don't really care to be entirely honest" He said as I nodded " well lets get coffee right now and then we can start on the homework" I suggested as he nodded. 

"Oh and by the way" I said looking at him " when did you get a new hair cut?" I asked as he touched his hair softly" Oh! I forgot about it to be honest" He smiled chuckling a bit " I got it about an hour ago after class actually. Eren said it'd look cool if I got an undercut and ditched the long hair" he said as I smiled and nodded " you look cooler now!" I said which made him smile more " thank you!" I nodded in response "lets go get coffee?" I suggested once again as he nodded and we walked into the cafe and ordered our drinks. 

While working on the math homework and both of us helping each other out. I asked him if he'd  finished the world history homework as he nodded and pulled out a folder showing me the papers but once he opened it I looked inside and saw a flyer. "Oh um... ignore that " he snatched it away. "hey! what is it?! I wanna see!" I said reaching out and grabbing it chuckling. I read it and cocked a brow "  battle of the bands? I saw these flyers around the school but I didn't think you'd be interested Armin" I said as he blushed embarrassed. He rubbed the back of his neck "I actually was... I was thinking of asking you and Jean but I wanted to give up the idea. I didn't think you guys would be on board so I didn't think to ask" he said continuing his homework.

"why not? It'd be fun, it's better to try something and have fun right?" I asked as he chuckled "It'd be fun for us but not Jean" He responded which made me a bit confused " why not Jean?" I said as he rubbed the back of his neck " I kinda asked Mikasa and Eren to join and Eren agreed and wherever Eren goes Mikasa follows..." He said. I chuckled a bit " I see now, but I'd still want to join. I'm gonna force Jean either way" he chuckled and so did Armin. I hadn't really known how to get Jean on board with this but I'm definitely forcing him to.  I'm gonna have to tell him Armin and Mikasa are there to make it sound believable but I can't tell him about Eren. What's the prize in winning anyway? like 50 bucks or something? I looked down at the flyer again as my eyes widened. Full paid trip to New Orleans?! what the heck?! I've been dying to go there since I was like 8! I watched princess and the frog when I was six and I grew obsessed with the music. But when I asked my mother questions about it and got more information about New Orleans.

My families financial state isn't the best in the world so we never really saved up enough money to go over seas. Maybe this is a great way to guilt trip Jean, he already knows how much I've been dying to go! we need to win this or else I'm going to die! " Yeah I'm totally entering this contest and dragging Jean with me, I can't believe its a full paid trip to New Orleans?! What the heck?!" I said with excitement. Armin chuckled "Alright then! I guess it's settled! but seriously we need to get back to work, We have so much more work to do" Armin said as I nodded. 

The next day when me and Jean were driving to school I gave Jean the flyer "New Orleans? haven't you been dying to go there since like.....forever" I nodded in response "Yeah! we should totally do it for memories as well!" I said smiling " who do you think about asking to join us, Sasha and Connie maybe?" he suggested as I shook my head " No, actually someone asked me and you to join" Jean cocked a brow "Who?" He asked until he paused for a second and it looked like he already knew "No...... NO!" he yelled as I groaned " BUT WHYYYYYYYYY!" to be honest I found Jean's reaction hilarious. "Because! I'm not gonna join a band with two nerds! thats including you! and a fucking maniac!" He said as I chuckled "Mikasa is joining tooooooo~" I said seeing Jean blush as he sighed " fine.... I'll join, but I swear if you make me interact with fucking Jaeger I swear to god" I chuckled " why are you so mad? Your such a simp for Mikasa, you need to calm down" I chuckled. "And your such a nerd " he snickered "Oh shut up Jean-Boy~" I mocked him " don't call me that!" He yelled back. "Not until you start acting like a man and not a little boy!" I retorted.

Once we got out the car and started to head inside the school we split ways and headed to our first period class. I had English honors right now with Armin so I guess it wasn't so bad and personally I like English. 

Once I walked in I saw a Armin reading a novel and at first I was a bit shocked til I remembered him telling me about his new hair cut.  I chuckled at my forgetfulness and went to sit next to him as we started talking until class begun.........