Chapter 12

"What do you mean?" Gray stares at them in pure shock "J-Juvia is..."

"She's not dead and if you want to save her, then you have to act fast." Uranus said, "And you only have one shot to make this right!"

Gray wants to ask them but Pluto shuts down his question by presenting a pocket watch with a water bubble wrap around it, Juvia's Life and Death watch to be exact. He stares at the watch, amazed by how beautiful it is before look at the green-haired woman, tries to search for some sort of answer.

"This is Juvia's watch..." she smiles "Her life and Death watch. Her life was ended the moment she chose to kill herself but..."

Following Pluto's finger, Gray averts his eye to the watch, still doesn't understand what's the meaning behind it until something catch his eye...The three watch hands are 1 minute away from hitting number 12.

"Juvia's Water Lock spell..."

He knows that spell, and the magic energy surrounding the water bubble is awfully similar to Juvia's magic. Gajeel runs to them and takes a look at the clock, he's impatient as always and demands to know the answer behind this watch.

"For some reason, the watch hands aren't able to stop at number 12." she explains "Juvia is fighting back her own fate, she refuses to let the clock stops, she's trying to change her own destiny."

Everyone around them is shocked, unable to process Pluto's words about Juvia's determination. Nobody knows, except Gajeel, Natsu, the two exceeds and Gray. The ice mage stares at the clock in an awe expression, his beloved is struggling to change her fate...Then does this mean...

"I can still perform a link to her, but she's not breathing..." Meredy asks.

"Of course, her body is 'dead' after all, only Juvia's consciousness is fighting for a second chance. Until you can restore her spirit back to her own body then..." Neptune sighs.

"Then we still have a chance to save her, right?" Lucy cuts in "Please, tell us. We'll do everything we can to save her!"

Saturn steals a few glances at them before swinging her staff and in front of them is the image of Juvia wandering around in a white blank space. Instead of the usual bright light, her eyes are cover with exhaustion, tiredness. Her body is fatigue, trembling as she continues to walks into a non exist destination. Her breaths are shallow and her whole is just a mess of weariness.

"Juvia!" Gajeel shouts out her name as he pounds against the image "Juvia!"

"Juvia, please look this way! We're here!" Lucy cries.

"Please come back to us, Juvia!" Meredy screams, hoping to pull the attention of the bluenette.

But Juvia keeps on moving, she looks around a little bit before walking again. Her friends are crying, begging the mage to look at them, to return to her family but their voices fall on deaf ears.

Gray turns to Saturn, expecting an explanation. He's too shocked to even react to the situation yet he knows that THEY want him to do something. By the look of Uranus, he can sense some sort of answer, like he'll be the one to go and bring Juvia back to the real world or something similar to that. But he wants a straight and clear answer, not some kind of vague and confusing response.

"She's in the Realm of Death and Reborn, an infinitive world with no visible destination. Anyone who steps foot in this world will either get lost forever or..." Saturn looks at Gray "They will be able to return back to their previous life, thus changing their unfortunate fate."

However, there are consequences if the dead choose to step foot into the Realm. Because it's a vast world with no definite escape, if they aren't able to find the way out, their spirit will be stuck inside the Realm, resulting in the dead will never be able to move on to their afterlife.