Silk Knee High Hose, In Emerald

"A week." He paced, the click of his spats on the tiled marble echoed.

Torturous.

Everything was so large, so empty now. Wu snorted at himself. Of course it seemed empty. He rolled his eyes, hands clasped. But despite the room off to the side of the hotel lobby, closed doors and drawn curtains, deep down Wu couldn't shake his own flippancy over the sentiment.

They were... gone. Everyone. A sharp inhale as he turned back around, blankly meeting eyes with one of the police officers posted at the only door in and out. Everything was gone.

"He will be here soon, Your Majesty-"

"Please!" Wu grimaced before blinking - shifting the facade back in place, a large smile plastered to his face. "Please." Arms splayed open wide as he strode back towards the officer posted at the door. "Just-just Prince. Prince Wu."

"Ah-"

Wu didn't miss the look exchanged between the two officers at the door. "Right. Prince Wu. Sorry-"

"Nothing to be sorry for, my good fellow." A quick tap with his knuckles to the man's shoulder, loud and kind of painful against the metallic armor. "Simple mistake." Slender shoulder rose and fell, silk whispered. "When will Mako be here?"

Muted groans.

Wu knew, of course. He'd asked at least ten times in the last half hour. But he was anxious, eager.

"He should be here soon, You-er. Prince." The muted sound of the man scratching his head. "Prince Wu."

"Yeah." Wu threw himself on the couch, hat tipping forward uncomfortably as he lay his head back. "I know, but I want him here now." Arm gestured absently. "My family was murdered just last week. I'm a little antsy." Eyes closed. "Who knows who's after the Prince of the Earth Kingdom at this very moment."

And what that very Prince wouldn't give to be sitting in some boring lecture room listening to the droning of an overly-important professor on the topics of international affairs of the 100 Year War. Not that he paid attention.

Guilt nagged, washed over him.

Mother had always told him to pay attention, stop going to social events. Study harder. He was in line for a throne. But that had always been such a distant possibility with his Great-Aunt and siblings and cousins and...

The door opened and closed, snapping him away from that train of thought. Eagerly Wu sat up, ankle falling over a knee as he draped over himself, slicking down an eyebrow, tipping his hat to styled perfection.

"Your-" The guard groaned, making Wu grin wider. "Prince Wu."

"Great!" Wu clapped, once, bouncing in his seat, nearly vibrating as a grey suit filled the doorway.

"Mako has arrived."

"Oh you do look the part of the bodyguard." Wu lept from the couch, absolutely giddy, mouth going a mile a minute. "Look at that pressed suit, squared shoulders. Absolutely intimidating. No one will mess with me when you're around." Immediately he snatched up Mako's hand, which gripped his firmly in an automatic response though the man looked a little pale. "Great to meet you. As you may have heard, I'm Prince Wu-"

"Prince-?"

Ah, there it is. Wu kept that smile plastered too wide, wrinkling his eyes as he tapped the side of his nose with a free hand, winking. "Not coronated yet!" A hand clapped Mako's shoulder.

Amber eyes dropped to the contact. His head cranked around to behind him.

"Oh!" Wu gasped, attention diverted from the man before him, "And you must be the impeccable Cheif Beifong!"