Fern Green Cotton Long Sleeve

Wu couldn't be sure exactly what had happened. But here he was on top of a very fast moving train, and it was all he could do to keep his footing as he was being tossed around by... well... everyone. He wanted to take a moment, just a second. It was so overwhelming. To wake up in a chest of all things! Disgraceful. Couldn't even lock him in a proper cage or keep him bound. Trust Prince Wu to have such a bungled attempt of a kidnapping.

But then, before he could even process that humiliation he was pressed against Mako's chest and HOLY SHIT was that something new. New in the way Mako's heart was thrumming inside his chest. New in the way Mako didn't push him away. New in the way Mako's thumbs rubbed his shoulders so gently. As though he was something fragile and precious about to break.

And the way he had said it.

The way he had looked at Wu when he said it.

'We're gunna get you out of here.'

It wasn't like Wu to swoon at any mans feet, but fuck if Mako wasn't checking every box on his list. And before his knees could fully solidify and he could even understand how the fire bender he. Had. Lived. With. For. Three years!! Was being so sweet, they were under attack.

It had been a flurry of movement Wu hadn't been able to keep up with, and before his protest could fully come out Korra had swept him out straight from danger into more danger. And the danger, it seemed, just would not stop coming.

And he had never felt so useless and helpless in all his life. From the powerful Korra to Mako firebending, even the non-bender Asami was steadily holding her own. And it was, in a new way, salt in his wounds. To feel so inconsequential compared to all these people.

Shoved and jostled and tossed around, too weak to defend himself. Barely able to stay on his feet, and only thanks to his recent dancing lessons. How did he catch his breath again? How was everyone else breathing? He looked up to see the others moving in closer to him, to feel Korra's hand engulf his wrist with a bruising force.

Her voice was loud and thunderous even with the air swatting them violently.

"Jump!"

And he couldn't help himself. He screamed. And they fell. And they fell. And then they hit ground, and the only thing he could manage to do was lay there as the train moved past, his assailants nothing more than specks growing smaller every moment.

For a while, a long while. No one moved. And then someone did. Wu didn't bother to really look up and see who. He was focused on... everything. Everything that had just happened. Until the shadow fell across his vision.

"You all right?" In that same tender tone.

Mako. And he felt something inside his chest swell and tighten. "Yes!" Wu leapt to his feet, arms finding their way around Mako for a second time, though this time, now that they were safe, he could feel the man tensing at the show of affection. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you." And never, never had Wu felt the temptation to kiss anyone as badly as he wanted to kiss Mako in that moment. He stopped himself, taking a calming breath, "You are definitely getting a raise, Buddy." He teased, earning a small grin from Mako.

"You should be thanking Korra." Golden eyes rose to grin at the avatar, and Wu couldn't help the pang that he felt in his gut. "We never would have found you without her."

Reluctantly Wu pulled away from Mako, turning towards Korra. "I owe you my life, Avatar. If only there was some way to repay you." He frowned, thinking for a moment before it struck him suddenly. "Oh, I know." He grabbed her hand in sincerity. "How about I take you out for a night on the town?"