~Part 2: Chapter 22~

The drive after leaving Zedlin went smoothly for us. Nathan slept like the good baby he was and I slept right along with him.

The closer we got to home, the more I dreaded the fact that I had to face my mother again since she ordered me gone within thirty days of me stepping a foot back into the house.

She was the biggest bítch, I had finally realized.

When we reached home, David woke me and I glanced around to see that I slept through him dropping off Derek and Garret.

The time had come for us to face the music as a family.

"I'll get Nate," David sighed heavily and I could feel it come out of his mouth and weigh into his shoulders.

Yeah, same.

I carefully climbed out of the car and shut the door behind me.

I watched David walk through the open garage and enter the house with my baby.

Here went everything.

My feet brought me to the threshold of the garage door and I halted for a bit, watching my foot slowly step over the threshold and into the house. My thirty days started now.

When I walked further into the house, kicking my shoes off at the mat outside the garage door entrance, I noted how quiet it was.

And on cue, Nathan decided to start fussing in his carrier.

"Alright, little man. We're gonna get you situated," I could hear David saying to him from around the corner.

I rounded it soon after and saw him bending over Nathan's car seat on the couch, undoing the straps securing him.

"He's soaked. No wonder he's píssed," David chuckled, cradling Nate against his chest once he freed him. He came up to me and grabbed the baby bag hanging from my shoulder.

"Go on. I've got him. You need to talk to her," David said to me.

Nodding my head, I made my way upstairs. When I reached the top, I took careful steps towards my moms room and didn't think twice before I just forced myself to knock.

"Go away!"

Okay, then... petty bítch mode was still activated.

I opened the door anyways.

My mom was sitting on her bed in PJs, angrily flipping through TV channels.

She glanced over at me for a second and then scoffed, "Shouldn't you be looking into where you're gonna live in twenty-nine days?"

"Mom, please. I'm not coming to beg you for anything. I just think you deserve the truth after not knowing it for so long."

"The damage is already done, Sienna. Get out of my room."

I buried my hands into my hair, "I can't talk to you about anything anymore, it feels like. You push me away and that's that. I have always been attracted to Zedlin. Since the moment I first laid eyes on him. He didn't force me into anything or corrupt me — it just happened."

My mother shook her head wildly and mashed the remote buttons harder, "I'm not listening to you or anymore of your lies—"

"Oh, these aren't lies, mom. This is the truth and you're gonna hear it whether you like it or not. I'm so sick of lying to try and protect myself from people. I lied because I knew you wouldn't support me in this. I knew it. I even for a split second, contemplated giving my baby away just because I knew how angry you'd be if you found out!"