~Part 2: Chapter 23~

Days turned into weeks and my baby boy grew right in front of my eyes.

He was always trying his hardest to move his head, looking around and being overall nosy. The more Nathan grew, the more I realized that I was a fool to think I could've lied about the father of my child.

I think I hated Zedlin so much during most of my pregnancy, that I was sure it was the same reason why Nathan was starting to look exactly like him.

It actually píssed me off. You'd think the kid could at least stay a brunette. And if his eyes turned gray, too, I'd probably go crawl in a hole and cry about it in secrecy.

The man I loved just as much as I hated sometimes, turned my baby into himself without doing none of the work.

It disgusted me and hurt my feelings. I squeezed our child out of my crotch and he had the nerves not to even look like me!

But that... I guess I'd get over it.

"Nate the great! Nate the great! Nate the great!!" Zedlin was chanting over the phone like an absolute idiot, snapping me back to reality.

Nathan was laying on his back on my bed, with a far away look in his dark blue eyes. Probably realizing that the crazy voice he was hearing was his dad.

"You're gonna be ridiculous when he actually starts interacting with you. I swear," I giggled like a fool.

Zedlin let out a deep chuckle that made me feel super lonely.

"You think you can imagine, but you have no clue. Did you know Brad is still working to get me cleared for video chats? It's almost finished."

I frowned, "You've been talking about video chats since I was pregnant. Why does everything take so long?"

"Because no one gives a shít about us in here, that's why, Sienna."

"Except for Brad. He really does care about you, Zedlin. I know you see that."

He sighed, "Yeah, yeah. I know you care about me, too."

I gasped dramatically and threw a hand onto my chest, "What? Did I actually hear you admit that someone cares about you?"

"Okay, Sienna... tone it down drama queen."

"Yes, sir. Hey, did you know that Nate's hair is starting to change color?" I asked randomly, wondering if I failed to mention it before.

Zedlin's voice got inquisitive, "What do you mean? What kind of color? A normal color?"

I decided to mess with him a little.

"I mean, I guess. You know... actually, it's almost turning a black color. You sure you don't want a paternity test?" I asked, barely keeping in my chuckles.

"What the fùck do we need to do a paternity test for? Sienna, don't play with me right now. What color is my sons hair?" He snapped at me.

I couldn't deny that I found Zedlin extremely attractive when he got possessive over his kid. I'd never admit it to him, though. His head was already big and if I told him that? It'd surely pop.

I smiled and gently dragged my fingers across Nathan's dark hair, that was lightening drastically at his roots.

"It's turning blonde. His dark is lightening up more and more each time it grows. I'm sure by the summertime he'll be just as blonde as his dad," I said, leaning down and kissing my baby boys cheek.

Zedlin chuckled, "No fùcking way. I couldn't be so lucky. Pictures or I call bullshít."

"You just find any excuse for pictures, Zedlin. I'm being serious, though. It's hard to tell unless you're right up on him. I don't think I can capture it in a photo, but I'll send one anyways."