~Chapter 39~

I was drowning myself in work and it was the only way to escape everything that had happened lately.

At least for a little while.

Today marked an exact two weeks since I last saw Zedlin and for once I felt okay.

But then again that was probably because I was drowning myself in work.

I didn't have much time to think or to feel. Lately I just felt... numb.

So when Elise called me this morning asking if I wanted to meet up for dinner, I felt something spark inside me. I felt emotions that actually made me feel good and I hadn't really felt that in awhile. All the emotions I knew lately were hurt, sadness and loneliness.

I think I was depressed or on the verge of depression.

Wish someone told me this was what dating and being sexually active would have brought me.

I would've kindly declined.

I smiled while laughing internally and opened the door to M.Y.O Pizza. It stood for Make Your Own Pizza and it was delicious and hilarious.

When I got inside, I looked over towards our favorite booth in the back corner and saw Elise waving like a maniac.

I hadn't talked to her much since the whole Mason ordeal. I hadn't talked to anyone, really. Not like I had many people to talk to, but I was definitely more distant since the Mason thing and I couldn't really explain why.

However, I did still feel extremely stupid, so maybe that was it.

When I reached the table, Elise stood up and tried to squeeze my lungs up and out through my throat.

"I miss you so much, girly! Sit and let's talk for a minute before we make our pizzas. Give me some highlights." She let me go and we both sat across from each other.

My hands ran through my somewhat tamed curls as I sighed, "Where to begin. After I last saw you, Zedlin found out about Mason hitting me. He beat the crap out of him and then we started sleeping together."

Yep, rip it right off like an old band-aid.

"What the fùck, Sienna!?" Elise shrieked.

"Yeah, that's past tense now. Oh and David knows already, too. My mom knows nothing and I think if she found out, she'd disown me." I admitted emotionless.

Elle's face was almost comical, "Details. Now. Please."

"Of course, but I need food first." I smiled cheekily and we proceeded to get up and make our pizzas.

And I was sure this was gonna fuel Elise for the conversations at hand.

*

Elise and I had been stuck inside the pizza place talking for nearly two hours. She had so many questions, comments and concerns and I had plenty of information to give her.

Halfway through Elise ranting to me about how hard it was to satisfy these men, I glanced up to see a group of guys entering the pizza place.

I had to blink a few times before my brain processed that one of the guys was the man from Target a couple weeks back.

My pay it forward moment had come.

"Hold that thought, Elle. I gotta do something real quick." I hurriedly whispered, ignoring her questions as I jumped out of my seat.

As I walked over to the group, they all eyed me except for the one with that nasty scar. He was too busy ordering his food.

"Okay, that'll be $17.23." The teenager at the counter told him.