~Part 2: Chapter 20~

David was driving like a grandmother and I couldn't help the stupid sleepy grin on my face as he and Liz bickered.

"Seriously David? You weren't even this psycho when we brought Zedlin home," she bítched with a hint of saltiness.

"Yeah, well there wasn't a shít ton of snow on the ground," he complained.

Liz smacked her lips together, "The roads are clear and it's not even sticking!"

I giggled silently and smiled as I glanced in the car seat to see my son sleeping contentedly. He was so handsome and Zedlin was going to want to keep him.

Hèll, maybe we could move into his cell with him.

Inwardly, I enjoyed my little joke and raised my head as the car came to a complete stop.

We were back at the facility, finally.

"Any longer and we would've needed to pull over and stop for the night," Liz mumbled.

David sighed loudly, "And I married again after her?"

I shook my head with a small smile, then opened my car door and was greeted by Derek and Garret.

"Want me to grab him?" Derek asked and I nodded my head, getting out of the car slowly while trying to be mindful of my aches.

Garret smiled at me, "You need a little help?"

"Yes, please. I'm still very sore. More than I thought I was," I admitted, grabbing onto his hands and standing up to my full height.

David met us around the back of the car with a thick baby blanket folded up. He handed it to Garret, "Just in case the little guy gets cold in there."

Without thinking, my heart warmed as I smiled at him, "Thanks, dad— I mean, David."

David's eyes lit up, "Either is fine, Sienna."

I honestly thought it was strange to call him dad, as I had never done so despite the fact that he was definitely my father in more ways than one, but now it seemed even more strange as I just had his first grandchild.

It seemed as if it was out of sequence to just call him dad.

Or maybe I was overthinking it — as usual.

"Okay, maybe you guys want to head back. Zedlin will probably want to do an entire visit with us and I think they said it was a max of four hours," I informed everyone.

David shook his head, "I'm staying. His car seat is already assembled in my car."

"It takes like two seconds to install it into any car, David," Liz said, rolling her eyes for extra emphasis of her irritation.

"Well, I've got nothing better to do. Maybe you can catch a ride with Elise. Garret and Derek can ride back with us?"

Derek shrugged, "That's cool with me. Garret?"

Garret gave us a finger, then walked back over to Elise's car. I couldn't help but to be nosy as I watched him lean his head into her drivers window.

She nodded and I smirked as he leaned in and pecked her on the corner of her mouth.

Something was going on there whether she hated to admit it or not.

But I was going to mind my business — for now.

We said goodbye to Elise and Liz, then headed into the facility.

After calling Brad, he met us quicker than the last time and he came at us grinning from ear to ear.