Historia

(A/n: Sorry I haven't updated recently, but school's been dragging me through the mud recently. Enjoy!)

3 years ago:

The only sound that reached the ears of the young cadets was the howling wind and the crunch of snow, and every now and again, the noise of their winter coats rubbing against their heavy bags.

Being one of the oldest Cadets, Akira naturally found herself leading the group. She gritted her teeth as she took another step forwards. "We're almost there guys, keep it up!" In a lower voice, she spoke to Eren and Mikasa, who were behind her. "I'm going to stay behind and do a head count. You two keep going."

The two younger teens nodded firmly and kept going. Of course, Akira could barely be counted as a teen anymore, with her twentieth birthday being only two months away.

Akira frowned as she approached the group who had settled for sitting in the snow. The one thing that she appreciated about winter training was that Eren and Jean seemed on the same page for once. "Hey, has anyone seen Ymir, Krysta, or Daz? I didn't see them when I was doing the head count."

Reiner glanced around at the shorter Cadet's question. "No. We should ask around. You take left, I take right, meet back here in ten minutes."

She nodded wordlessly at his plan. As time past, her anxiety levels shot through the roof. Akira furrowed her eyebrows as she reunited with the blonde teen. "You didn't find them?" Letting out a groan, she sat down in the snow. "God, I must be the worst squad leader ever. There aren't even any titans, and I still managed to loose 3 people."

Reiner sat down next to her and wrapped an arm around her. "It's still better than the scout's numbers," he attempted to joke, but that only resulted in a glare from the older cadet.

Her head snapped up at Eren who had stood up. "Where do you think you're going, mister?"

"I'm gonna find them."

"Me too!" Marco exclaimed as Akira made her way over to them.

Before she could interject, the leaders ordered everyone inside. The two Jaegers let out a curse as they complied.

Mini skip:

Akira's eyes widened as she heard the lightning. It sounded strangely like...like the first time she transformed. (A/n: Technically 2nd time, but she doesn't really remember the first time, so yeah.)

Like a caged bird, her heart beat wildly in her chest at the thought. Are there others like us? If so, how many? Are they for or against humanity?

Her mind shifted to the letter she had found in her pocket after the fall of Shiganshina. It hadn't stated much. It just gave a breath description of what he did to them and explained how important their basement was. The 'I love you both' at the end was just the bow on top.