The Castle and the wild Hanji

Akira and Eren rode on either side of Oulo as he tried to explain where they were going. "The old Scout Regiment headquarters. Just as you'd expect from a renovated old castle. It looks fancy and all that sort of thing. But being so far from the wall and the river, it wound up being totally useless."

Eren turned to face the Captain before facing forwards again. Oulo moved closer and Akira narrowed her eyes. " Don't get cocky, rookies. I dunno if you're titans or what, but don't assume that Captain Levi's gonna stick with some wet-behind-the-ear-brats like..."

Akira bumped her horse into his 'by accident' causing Oulo to bite his tongue. She giggled slightly. "Oh, sorry!"

Levi raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything.

Akira whipped sweat from her brow as she finished cleaning the room she had been designated. One of the reasons it took her so long was she got stuck on top of the chandelier. Eventually, she just jumped down.

She turned to face the footsteps approaching. Levi glanced around the room. "Tch. It is surprising you managed to get the room so clean when your brother could not."

Akira flushed slightly. "Eren always found a way to evade cleaning when Mom..." She pauses slightly, her light smile flickering. "When Mom asked."

Levi made a mental note of her expression change. Home is a touchy subject. Levi nodded. "Well, that'll change soon enough. Good work. We're having dinner in two hours. I want the room next to this cleaned by then."

Akira nodded. "Yes sir."

Time skip brought by Levi's cleaning supplies:

Eld leaned forwards on to the table as he broke down the situation. "I assume our orders to remain on standby will last for at least a few more days. But I hear they're planning a major expedition beyond the walls one month from now. I heard that fresh graduates are going to participate straightaway too."

Gunther spoke up next. "Is that true? That seems pretty sudden to me, especially since the rookies had to endure the latest titan attack."

Akira frowned. It does seem a little sudden.

Oulo scoffed. "I bet those brats are scared out of their wits."

Petra glanced at Akira, who was sitting next to her, green eyes focused on her tea. "Is that true, sir?"

Levi set down his drink. "I'm not in charge of coming up with missions. But, knowing Erwin, he's put fat more thought into this than we have."

Eld shifted so that his hands were interlocked. "Indeed, there's never been a situation like this before. So many lives were lost establishing a route to reclaim wall Maria. Just when it seemed like it went up in smoke, suddenly a completely different ray of hope had presented itself."

Akira straightened her posture when she realized everyone was now staring at Eren and her. That's not what they're calling us now, is it?

Eld continued. "It's still hard to believe, but how does this changing into a titan thing work anyways?"

Eren let out a nervous laugh. "Akira knows more about it than me, she'll explain." Akira glared at her brother playfully.

"Thank you Eren. You helped clear things up a lot." Akira thought for a moment or two. "I'm not quite sure, but I do have a vague clue. We need to draw blood and I think we also need to have a clear goal in mind. When in titan form, it's sort of like being in a trance telling me to complete the goal. I don't know how else to explain it."

Before anyone else could say anything, something rammed themselves into the door.

Petra sighed before opening the door.

"Good evening Levi squad! How's the castle life treating you?"

Levi sighed. "You're early." Raising his cup to his lips, he took another sip.

"Sorry, I just couldn't help myself."

Eren greeted her and Akira tossed her a tired smile. "It's nice to see you again."

Hanji smiles back, their glasses flashing in the dim light. "You too Akira. I'm in charge of examining two titans we caught in town. I'd like you to help me with my experiments tomorrow, with your permission of course."

Akira shook her head. "It's not us you should be asking, now is it?"

"Okay. Levi, what are their jobs tomorrow?"

Akira sunk in her seat slightly as the pitiful stares from the Levi squad bore into her.

"Cleaning the garden."

"Great, it's decided." Akira sunk lower. "I look forwards to tomorrow!" Hanji grasped Eren's hand.

"Ummm right. But what kind of titan experiments are we talking about?"

"Hmm?"

Inside Akira's mind, alarms sounded. Below her breath she whispered "It's a trap," which earned a concerned look from Petra.

"Er, I said what kind of experiments..."

Indeed it was a trap, and Eren had fallen right in, ensnaring his older sister along the way.

Her green eyes followed as the notorious Levi squad left the Jaeger's to their demise.