To you, after 2000 years

Eren's grip tightened on his sister's hand as a gigantic hand reached up and grabbed the wall. Everyone was in shock. Nothing like it had ever happened before. Akira was one of the first people to respond. She wrapped her arms around the small frames of the three kids and started to pull them away from the wall.

BAAMM! The sound of the gate breaking shook the entire town. At this point, the eldest Jaeger had begun to run, dragging her brother and his friends with her.

He tried to break out of her grasp. "Our Mum!"

"Eren, no!" But it was to late, he was sprinting towards intimate death. Mikasa as well. The girl turned around. "Armin, I want you to run that way and don't look back, never look back, you hear me? We'll meet you there. I promise."

The blonde shook his head. "Y-you don't know that!"

"Yes, yes I do. Now run!" Slowly, he turned to run.

By the time Akira arrived, Hannes was picking up Eren. She followed suit by picking up Mikasa.

"Eren, close your eyes!" He protested against his sisters words. "Eren!"

"No, Mum!" Eren falls silent and Akira starts to mumble curses underneath her breath.

"Eren, there was nothing we could do without also being eaten. Mum would want us to live." Akira ushered her brother and Mikasa onto the boat. "And that's what we're going to do. We're going to be ok." Her fingers brushed through her brother's hair as she watched a titan break down the gate.

It was silent for a while. Practically everyone was silent and solemn or sobbing. Eren broke away from his sister and approached the edge.

"I'm going to kill them all. Every single one. I'm going to wipe them out!"

Akira was the first to wake. She lurched forwards with a start. The dream she had... of her Father and the needles...it had felt real. She glanced at the key around Eren's neck. No...it was real. How could he? How could someone do that to their own children?

As Mikasa shook Eren awake, a familiar voice called their names. Armin approached, bread in hand.

"Here. My Grandpa scored a few. This is a full day's rations. The locals are already dealing with famine."

On cue, a guard scoffed. "I don't see why we have to share our food. I say the titans should've eaten a few more."

Before anyone could do anything, Eren kicked him. Akira quickly intervened. She caught the guards fist and flashed him a smile. "Sorry about him, he's just angry that our mother didn't make it. Now, if you have anything else to say, you can say it to me."

"Fine. You won't starve because of us. Teach that kid some respect."

Time skip:

"Next year I want to sign up for the cadets training. I want to be strong enough to kill the titans." Akira sighed and leaned her head back onto the wall behind her.

"I thought you'd say that. Count me in. I can't let you die too."

"Me too." Eren made a surprised face at Armin's response.

"I'll go too."

"We'll do it together, just like everything else." Akira smiles slightly at her own statement.

"Together then."