" Yah, maybe. I hope your words come true. God knows, how am I going to handle this. Anyways, thanks. Have a nice day" he said with a forced smile. I think he was thinking about the order delivery.

I paid the bill and turned to walk out of the restaurant thinking. Something was stopping me from going further. My mind was not steady.

May be, I could help with the order. What you aren't a chef, Diya. Remember that. But, he had struggled much to open the restaurant and if this order fails. The image will be spoiled. His career would be in a question mark.

God!! Diya, Why are you doing it? It's nothing to help a person in hard times, right? This is a South Indian restaurant so obviously the dishes are familiar to me so why not give it a try. For that first he has to accept the help. I reluctantly walked back inside.

I walked to the cash desk again.
" I..I can help with the order" I said while he saw me in confusion.

" Sorry, What?"

" I'm not a great cook, but you can just try my dish before deciding. You said you didn't have someone right now. So, I thought of helping" I suggested.

" Really!! I don't have choice, though. But thanks for coming forward to help a stranger. I will try your dish" he said and looked a bit relaxed. At least, he got some hope.

He then walked me to the kitchen and showed the facilities.
" I am ready now. Tell me the dishes " I said.

" I want you to make sambar and Masala dosa for the sample" he said and added

"I will go see the remaining customers and will also close the restaurant. Anyway, the food is not good. You start your work" he said and walked out.

I prayed god before starting. God, I don't know how I landed up here. But, support me. I gave a commitment and I have to successfully finish it. Pleasee I thought and started making it.

I finished quickly as I made only samples. Then, I called him to taste. He tasted it and after a few seconds of silence. He spoke

" Wait!! Did you just make this?"

" Obviously, yes. Why? "

" The taste is divine. I didn't actually expect this. You dish reminds me of homemade food instead of the restaurant style. It's amazing. How? Are you a chef?" He asked, surprised.

" No... So, can I help you with the order" I asked back.

" Sure, but this is really something. You have to cook for 20 members. I have written the dishes in this paper" he said, handing over the paper.

I checked all the items and found out that I was actually comfortable with all the dishes.

" Ok, I will do it" I said.

I finished cooking fast because I have to head back home, before it becomes late. I called him again. He tasted and checked the dishes.

" You are really a great cook. You have it naturally, I think. Sorry for the late introduction, I'm Rahul" he said and smiled.

" I'm Diya" I smiled back.

" Even if my old chef was there. He wouldn't have done this wonder. May be, God had voluntarily fired him" he laughed

" Why did he shout like that and left" I asked as I was curious.

" He's an alcoholic. I didn't know that. I had warned him not to drink and come for cooking. But, he didn't listen. Today, it went to the extreme and I fired him" he said and continued