𝟑𝟓. Blue

Začít od začátku

"Lockhart is a mockery of man let alone a Professor." Said Valentine.

"That isn't the point."

"I'm not going to respect him simply because he's famous."

"That's not what I'm saying." Narcissa sighed. "I really wish you could come home without tales of punishment. I don't know why you choose to act this way."

"Because people are stupid and I feel they should know that." Valentine set down her fork. "Besides, you've always said we're better than other families. It's not my fault they aren't aware of that."

Narcissa shook her head and rested her chin in the palm of her hand.

"Sometimes I don't know what to do with you."

"You could start by letting me handle my own affairs."

Narcissa almost laughed.

"I appreciate your independence but you're twelve years old."

"My age doesn't decrease my intelligence."

"No, it doesn't. But it does mean that we're responsible for you until you become a legal adult."

Valentine huffed and stood.

"If the adults I know are anything to go by, legal age doesn't make for maturity or common sense."

"Val, sit down and finish please." Said Narcissa.

"I'm not hungry."

As Valentine turned to leave the room, Haley was entering with a silver pitcher.

The maid stepped to one side and froze in place to allow Valentine to pass. Despite having more than enough room, Valentine barged her shoulder against the girl's side and sent her stumbling. She managed not to spill any and quickly stuttered out a wealth of apologizes. Valentine just kept walking.

-----Pretending To Hate-----

Valentine sat alone in the garden upon a stone bench.
It was late afternoon and she had a book open in her lap that she had long given up reading. Her uncle was in a good mood. A freakishly, abnormal good mood and had been for several days now. At first, she had assumed it was all because of everything that had happened a school but then she realized there was so much she was missing.

He was furious after the Quidditch match. He all but promised to make my holiday hell and yet he's barely glanced my way. He's not exactly the type to forgive or forget. Somehow, he's in such a fantastic mood that nothing else seems to matter. I haven't seen him kick Dobby once since I've been here and that's a massive red flag.

She was glad that Draco had been spared his wrath and that Narcissa seemed happier than ever before but something was wrong and she sensed it. Lucius should have berated her the things she said after the Quidditch match, accused her of corrupting his son with her disobedient ways, probably beaten her since that was the only way that seemed to make him feel like he was in control. But none of that had occurred, not even a hint of it. Draco was blind to the implications this could have. He must have thought that his father was finally showing him how much he loved him. You'd never imagine that Draco Malfoy would be an optimist. All that happiness and Valentine couldn't shake the feeling that there was more going on here.

Could he be involved in this somehow? Maybe even directly behind this? Could he be the Heir of Slytherin? It is him who's responsible for everything? No. Somehow that doesn't fit. Why wouldn't he have opened the chamber years ago when he was in school? Not to mention he's not the type to get his hands dirty. If he can have someone else do something for him he will. But am I supposed to do? Come straight out and ask him? If he hasn't gloated to us all yet about being behind it I doubt he's going to tell me, one of his least favourite people in all of existence. But...this isn't the first suspicious thing he's done...before the school year even started he slipped a book into Ginny Weasley's cauldron at Diagon Alley. Even then, I thought it was strange and but nothing ever seemed to come of it.