Reunion

EEVEE'S POV:

I didn't know how to feel, I didn't know what to do. I wondered, as I waited on Officer Jenny's table. She said Candice would be here any minute now, but I was also scared. Would Candice still like me when she would find out I couldn't evolve, would she think I ran away and hate me for it? Would she still treat me so well, or would she treat me like how Butch did? I was worried.

 Would Candice still like me when she would find out I couldn't evolve, would she think I ran away and hate me for it? Would she still treat me so well, or would she treat me like how Butch did? I was worried

Officer Jenny looked at me and smiled, 'Don't worry Eevee, I'm sure your owner will be very happy to see you.'

'That's right.' agreed Danny.

Suddenly, like the sudden sound of a gunshot,

'Eevee?' said a new voice, a voice I recognised instantly.

'Candice?' I said, turning to the direction of the door.

Candice was there, she stood there, flabbergasted, and tears flowed down from her eyes.

'EEVEE!' she yelled, 'YOU'RE HERE, YOU'RE ALIVE, I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU!'

She ran, approaching me, but I stayed where I was. How would she feel when she found out about my everstone condition?

She came, fell to her knees, but her hands on the table, and spoke.

'Come back Eevee.' she said, ' I promised I would take care of you.'

I stood still. I would happily go with her, but I was worried too.

'Don't worry,' she said sniffing, 'I know you didn't run away, you were stolen. My house has a camera system. I saw the Umbreon stone too, and you know what? Now that you're here, I want you to have this.'

She took out a dark stone from her pocket and put it on the table in front of me. She managed a smile as I looked back at her.

'Go on,' she said, 'don't you want to evolve?'

Tears started coming from my eyes too. This was the moment of truth. Time to find out what Candice would say. I brought my front paw and touched the stone. Nothing happened.

'B-but how?' she said, 'did you touch an everstone?'

I tried to explain, but of course they wouldn't understand everything.

'Officer Jenny, do you have a Rotom Dex or something to translate Eevee?' asked Candice.

'I can't imagine why I didn't think of that!' said Jenny. 

Soon, I told and Rotom translated everything to Candice, Melissa, Danny, Tyler, and Jenny.

When I finished the entire story, everyone was shocked, and there was a silence between everyone. The scary cliffhanger finally stopped when Candice yelled.

'WHO IS THIS GODDAMN BUTCH WHO DID THIS TO YOU, WHO IS THIS GRUNT!!! I'LL KILL THEM, I'LL KILL THEM ALL!!!' she yelled, and then she sunk to the ground, sobbing.

'E-bui?' I asked.

Rotom translated.

Candice was breathing sharply. She got up and hugged me.

'Of course I still love you Eevee,' she said, ' I'll always love you no matter how you look!'

It felt like a huge relief, and at that moment, I realised, that Candice was the one for me. I cried tears of joy as she embraced me. I didn't care who liked me or not anymore. As long as Candice liked me, I would always be happy.

 As long as Candice liked me, I would always be happy

A few minutes later, Officer Jenny spoke,

'Candice,' she said, 'you know, I can arrest this team rocket grunt and Butch Iglesias. Eevee is a witness and also evidence. The wounds on Eevee are clearly from Pokemon abuse, and you can serious time for that. We also know that the grunt's name is Jim, and we also know where his hideout is.'

'Please do arrest them,' said Candice, who now turned to me, 'As for you, we're going to Nurse Joy, healing you, then giving you a bath, and then a good meal.

'E-buiii!' I exclaimed in joy.

STAY TUNED FOR THE FINAL CHAPTER: A NEW BEGINNING!