The Center

'Nurse Joy, will that Eevee be okay?' asked Candice, when she finally came out of the checkup room.

The nurse looked at her with a grim look and replied, 'Listen, your Eevee is the seventh Pokemon in my shift alone to come in with bite injuries. I'm no detective, but I'm guessing it's from all those Poochyena in this city that attack all weaker Pokemon they find alone.

'I know, I've heard all about that,' replied Candice, ' But I'm afraid it's not my Eevee.'

'It isn't?' replied Joy, 'But you brought it here, didn't you?'

'I did, but only because it was injured and tired when I found it.'

'That explains it,' said Joy, 'Your- umm, THE Eevee will be fine. I've treated all it's wounds and its in great hands, but I am worried about one thing.

 I've treated all it's wounds and its in great hands, but I am worried about one thing

'What are you worried about?'

Joy sighed. ' While Eevee is physically going to be fine, I'm worried about it's emotional state.'

'What do you mean by that?' asked Candice.

'You see, that Eevee you found was only a few hours old, and baby Eevee need to be brought up with a lot of care for quite a while before they can live on their own in the wild, so I'd be interested to know how you found it.'

'It's actually a pretty funny story,' said Candice. 'I was by a creek just outside town, fishing for Magikarp or Feebas, but when I got a catch, I pulled it out but I was surprised to see an Eevee.'

'I see.  Then that must mean Eevee must have fallen into an exposed gutter somehow in the city and washed up to the creek you were fishing in.'

'I guess. You said it was a few hours old, right?'

'Yes I'm afraid so. Would you like to see Eevee?'

'Sure!' replied Candice.

EEVEE'S POINT OF VIEW (POV)

I was scared. I had no one to take care of me, I was hurt, tired, hungry, and cold in the room. The room with a large rectangular window and cold floor. I limped to the corner and huddled into a small bed. I was afraid, will I stay here forever? I thought, and began to sleep under the shivering air.