Unexpected Rescue

Eevee sat there and cried. He cried and cried himself to sleep. He was going to die here, he thought, unless someone kind happened to find him, but he didn't know many kind people. Just   Candice, Melissa, Danny, and Tyler. Everyone else he had ever known only enjoyed torturing him. 

EEVEE'S POV:

I slept, I didn't know for how long, trying to ignore the hunger and thirst I felt. Candice would tell me to never give up, but this was an impossible situation to get out of without help. I lay there giving up, but as soon as I did, I heard voices outside.

'It goes clockwise.' said one. 

'No, it goes counterclockwise.' said the other.

'Guys, just try both.' said a third.

The door opened, and Eevee was shocked to see them.

'Surprised to see us, Eevee?' asked Melissa.

My sad frown disappeared, to be replaced by a smile, tears of joy flooding me.

It was like a miracle.

'We followed the guard but we had trouble cuz he was going fast in his car

'We followed the guard but we had trouble cuz he was going fast in his car.' said Danny, 'I knew the teacher would take you to the guard.'

'We lost his car, but we eventually found it here, so we waited and saw another man and him later leave,' added Danny, 'We kept following him, but then we realised he didn't have you, so we came back here.'

While they were explaining, Melissa picked the lock cage, and it busted open. I ran out and jumped at Melissa. She caught me, and then she hugged me.

'Aw, she said.'

 I felt happy after so long, and suddenly I no longer wished I were dead. But then, she detached herself from me. 

'I'm sorry Eevee, but you know I can't take care of you. I'm still just 8.'

'What about the adoption center?' suggested Danny.

THIRD PERSON POV:

Eevee's cute little smile faded. The adoption center would be better than anywhere Eevee had stayed alone at. Maybe he could make new friends, he thought.

'It's not the most favourable option, but we can't hide him at school anymore.' said Tyler.

'You're right,' said Melissa, looking at Eevee, 'Don't be sad, we'll come and visit. And if no one adopts you, I'll will when I'm old enough to become a trainer.'

They left with Eevee, and were now walking to the center, when they suddenly heard a voice.

'Hold up kids, where are you going with that Pokemon?'

'Officer Jenny!' yelled Tyler, immediately turning red in the face. 'W-w-we found an Eevee alone and now we're taking it to the adoption center.'

'An Eevee, you say?' she inquired, 'do you mind if I have a look?'

'Not at all, officer, but why?' asked Melissa.

Jenny bent down, and looked Eevee in the eyes.

'Eevee,' she said, 'By any chance, is your owner a girl called Candice White?'

Eevee paused, shocked. After a few seconds, he jumped down and nodded yes.

 After a few seconds, he jumped down and nodded yes

Jenny inhaled. 'There's no need for an adoption center,' she said, 'His owner has been worried sick.' 

'Do you mean Candice White?' inquired Melissa.

'Yes I do,' she replied, 'Come with me to the station.'

STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER: REUNION!