Chapter 4

A/N
I've been loosin impact lol *xad laughing noises*
And also thanks DreamerPup366 for the answer!
·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·

It has been another week after their battle and Cross's dinner with the Sun Empire. And Cross was able to go out now since he kept going out the past weeks. He found the same clearing with the same skeleton waiting for him to come.

Dream: You didn't come the last past 8 days.

Cross: Forgive me, Emperor Nightmare thinks I'm slacking off so I had to stop coming here for a while.

Dream: That explains...

Cross: Do you...want to.. go somewhere else?

Dream: Where to?

Cross: To another place I like to hang out.

Cross then helps Dream stand up from his sitting position and he dragged him to familiar place.

Dream: Your village?

Cross: Not here, but it's near.

Cross was about to drag him once more but Dream stopped him.
Dream: Shouldn't I.. disguise since we're going through the village? Or can we just teleport there?

Cross: Oh yeah! Right, I forgot. Hold on.

Cross then removed his cloak and handed it to Dream.
Cross: Wear this.

He gave the cloak to Dream. Dream looked at himself after wearing it on, the hood of the cloak hid his face just fine but his wings wasn't comfortable since he already had a cloak on but he was okay with it. He then asked how he looked. (Does Dream's cloak have a hood? Cuz last time I check...I didn't lol)

Cross: Um..very Emperory?

Dream only giggled and dragged him inside the village. The villagers would greet General Cross and his friend Dream, they didn't suspect anything strange from him until he started pointed at things and almost acted like a child. His positivity was getting stronger every second. Cross dragged him to an alley told him about this and Dream apologized, his face looks like he's guilty like a child breaking a mother's favorite vase. Then Dream pointed something and told Cross he was hungry.

Nice Cream Guy: Nice Cream! It's a frozen treat that warms your heart! Now just 15G!

Cross: Two please.

NCG: What flavour?

Cross: Chocolate and..yours?

Dream: Vanilla!

Cross: And Vanilla.

NCG: Super! Have nice day with your friend, General.

Cross gave his thanks to Nice Cream Guy and paid him 30G. He then turn around to give the vanilla nice cream to Dream, but he saw him frowning.

Cross: Dream? You alright?

NCG: I'm sorry to interrupt and eavesdrop but..do you mean Emperor Dream?!! It's just the mark on his face and his aura that I recognized. You are friends with him?

Cross: Oops.

Dream: Ah, y-yes. I'm friends with the General. Please don't tell this to anyone.

NCG: Oh.. I won't. Have a nice day, Sun Emperor.

Cross: We should leave the village now. We don't want anyone else knowing you. ....Dream?

Cross saw Dream giving his Nice Cream to a kid monster who was sitting against the wall. The monster thanked Dream and happily ate it.

Dream: I'm not really hungry anyways, shall we go?

Cross: Right.

Then off they went, Dream would still point at things but Cross would always remind him about his aura. After getting through the village, they walked through the forest and had arrived at their destination. They say down at the ledge of the cliff and watch the sun set with multicolor of purples, pinks, oranges, reds. The two figures just sat there until their forms were illuminated by the cool gaze of the moon. It was a beautiful night. Soft breeze, clear skies with a starry atmosphere and the most importantly of all: fabulous company.

Dream then removed the cloak he was wearing and folded it on his lap. Dream's smile turned into a frown when he again remembered what he encountered from Cross.

Dream: Cross..why does Negativity exist?

Cross looked at him, tilting his head in confusion because of why would he suddenly bring that topic and remembered what he said in the past.

Cross: Well.. Negativity exists to balance out positivity. Nobody can live in a world where everyone is happy, if something like that existed, then it would be fake happiness.

Dream: How is that can be fake happiness?

Cross: For example, if Blue and Ink gave gifts to each other but they didn't have one for you, wouldn't that be unfair? Or like if someone died, well you feel sadness because you lost the one you loved. You can't just go jolly everytime.

Dream: Like if confessed your love to someone and they just dump you? You have to feel negativity?

*Way the go Dream. Of all of the examples, why that one? It doesn't mean you like him, doesn't mean you have to- ugh*

Dream: I mean..uh–

Cross: Yeah, something like that. We have the choice, the free will, but for every positive precept that exists in this world, there is also the force that can make us behave in a manner that is equally opposite to that consciousness of sharing and goodness.
If we do not go through the suffering and pain of negativity we can never achieve, we will not know what it means to “live.”
There is no way of measuring goodness if it is not counterbalanced with negativity, which enables us to determine which path to choose. Do you now understand?

Dream nodded his head in agreement, having deep thoughts between about what he just said and him and his brother. After a while, Cross's soul skipped a beat when Dream planted him a little peck on his cheek. Dream said goodbye and left while Cross watched him flew away with his cloak.

·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·
A/N
For the people who also ask this, I hope y'all understand why negativity exist:p Y'all keep goin'!
And I, thank you Google:3 lol