[2/15]

2

The boisterous sound of the door slamming made her sigh sadly. It meant her fiancé arrived back at the house. She trudged to the entrance and stood before him, a forced smile on her face. 

"I'm home," his words slurred, his feet stumbling as he made his way over to her. She stiffened when he pulled her into his embrace. She inhaled his scent and a powerful, floral fragrance wafted to her nostrils, causing them to flare momentarily. 

Her face was impassive and she pulled back from him. "I have a call to make." Not lingering around for a response, she left to grab her phone and headed for the bathroom. 

Locking the door, she turned on the faucet so that he was unable to hear her impending conversation. She glanced at the small mobile in her hands. She bit her lip, feeling apprehensive on whether to dial or not. 

As if someone heard her plea, the phone started to ring. 

She promptly answered the call. "Pein," she said bleakly. Her vision was becoming blurry from the tears that began to form.  

"Princess, what's wrong?" he asked, instantly detecting the misery and anguish in her voice. 

"Sasuke's home," the words meant to be a whisper but coming out as a sob instead. "And I don't even have the courage to confront him about it." 

"Don't cry [Name], he is not worth your tears." The way he said her name gave her pleasant shivers. It was deliciously dominant, caressing her inner ear drums.  

"I k-know..." Her bottom lip quivered, threatening to cry right there and then. "I keep holding out the hope that one day, he'll realize what he did wrong-" 

"That's naïve, Princess," he reprimanded, his voice slightly darker than usual. "He'll never stop." 

"But I can't confront him. He gets violent when he's drunk," she blubbered to him, the tears finally set free. She heard him sigh lightly, which didn't seem like a good sign. "Don't leave me," she blurted. 

Before he could respond, there was a powerful knock on the door. "What are you doing in there?" Sasuke shouted. "Come out, I need to take a piss." 

She glared at the door angrily, wishing for the person on the other side to be sent away. "I told you I was making a call!" 

"Why the hell do you need to make a call in there?" he asked loudly. There were the aggravated sounds of the door knob twisting and muffled kicks.

"This is why! I needed to be uninterrupted but it seemed like that didn't work!" she yelled just as audibly.  

"Well hurry up or else I'm going to break this door down myself," he shouted furiously. The shuffle of footsteps seemed to die down, taking its owner elsewhere. 

Her attention was back on her phone. "P-Pein?" she asked quietly. "Are you still there? Please answer me." 

"Yes I'm here, Princess." 

She breathed noisily into the phone. "I'm sorry you had to hear that. I didn't mean for you to-" 

"I won't leave you," he abruptly said.  

Complacent silence fell over them as she blinked her incoming tears back. "That's good," she responded thickly. "What should I do about him?" 

"Let's not worry about that for now, Princess." 

"Why? Because I should leave that for my Hero to take care of?" she asked teasingly, her mood filling in happily once again. 

He murmured lowly, "Something like that."