[1/15]

1

Her phone rang, the deafening sound cutting the lulling air and stillness that was the source of her drowsiness and patience be damned, she couldn't help but impulsively answer on the first tone. 

"Hello?" she whispered, as if any higher volume would frighten the recipient on the other line. Her hands were jittery and they were unable to keep still. 

"Hi Princess," came his husky voice, immediately soothing her apprehension away. His voice was the only thing to keep her sane nowadays; it was her lifeline she desperately clung on to as it gave her the sense of fantasy and illusion. 

She licked her chapped lips before responding softly, "Hi Pein." Nervously, she twirled a strand of her hair as she laid on the bed, awaiting for the conversation to begin. 

"How are you today?" His tone was one of concern, immediately sympathizing with her. 

She sighed deeply into the phone and sat up on the bed. "I'm the same... I guess. Everything is always the same. I don't know what to do." She heard rustling on the other end before he murmured throatily, "It's alright Princess, I'm here for you. Are you on the bed now?" 

"Y-Yeah," she stammered nervously. A lump rose in her throat and she desperately swallowed a multitude of times to dislodge it, failing miserably.  

"There's no reason to be distressed, alright Princess? Breathe in and breathe out. Can you do that for me?" His dulcet tones traveled through her ears and she was compelled to relax. The sounds of her gradual steady breathing was left for him to hear. But something about the passing silence left her on frantic edge, as if she was on the brink of teetering over a cliff to the point of no return. 

"Say something," she implored. 

He enchantingly chuckled at her and assured her that he was only waiting for her to be tranquil. "Would you like me to sing you to sleep?" 

She pressed half her face against the pillow and mumbled, "But then it would mean we barely talked tonight." 

"We have forever, Princess," he chided her as if she had forgotten something so paramount and in the process, offended him. 

"Sorry. Can you sing to me?" 

The miniscule lisp he owned when pronouncing 's' had all but disappeared when he began to croon to her. His voice was low and silvery as the words flowed from his mouth, his velvety singing blissfully entering her willing ears. 

Even though I'm right here waiting, you never look my way 

Girl you don't even know my name 

Where you go I follow 

My life is your shadow 

I just wanna be close to you... 

When he finished, he queried, "Are you sleeping, Princess?"  

"Mmm," she hummed in partial exhaustion and sarcasm, the only indication she was feeling particularly sassy. "Stay with me?" 

"For you my Princess, always."

I'm trying something different, bear with me ~