[7/15]

7

[Name] worriedly glanced over at the clock, time softly ticking away at its finest. Her bottom lip was overrun by her teeth as she bit down nervously.  

"Where is he?" she muttered to herself.  

She teetered from where she was standing before unlocking the front door. Her eyes scanned the outside area and very quickly she found herself disappointed. She shut the door and walked to her couch, plopping herself ungracefully on it. 

"Did he decide to leave?" she asked the silence that greeted her. 

Tick. 

Tock. 

Tick. 

Tock. 

The female continued to blankly stare at the entrance, her eyes taking on a distinct, faraway look. 

Brrring! 

Brrring! 

[Name] slightly jumped from the new sounds, the ringing echoing in her ears as she was shook from her stupor. She thought to herself, Ah, that's right! Pein is calling me! She answered the phone with a quick 'hello' and immediately rambled off, "I don't know where Sasuke is. He hasn't been home in a while. Should I be worried? I don't know what to do. What should I do?" 

"Shh," she heard Pein say soothingly, effectively sedating her anxiety. "I took care of him for you like I said I would, Princess. You don't have to worry about him anymore." 

"What?" she asked in alarm. "What did you mean take care of him?" 

"I only did what I thought was best for you. Protecting you is in my best interests... among other things that concern you," he intoned sharply. "It's best you cease your thinking about him." 

"But he's my husba-" 

"Finish that sentence and I won't be able to stop myself from going after you too, my little Princess," he murmured in warning. Deep reverberations bounced off from the speaker and into her ear and she felt the tiniest of quivers but shook it off. 

She was befuddled at the wicked change of attitude and dared not to push it. Perhaps he's having a bad day, she justified to herself. [Name] decided to lead the conversation elsewhere. "Pein, I have something to tell you," she admitted. 

"Go on," he urged, his low, husky timber back in place once again. "Tell me, Princess." 

"I..." she trailed off, wondering if divulging this was a correct decision or not. "I can't remember what I did yesterday. It's a complete blank." 

"Are you sure, Princess? Not even the slightest inkling?" Concern laced his tone and she felt a slight pang in her heart. 

"Nothing at all." She frowned, her eyebrows furrowing in concentration for a few seconds before sighing in relief. She had regained flashes of memories of yesterday. "I went to work. If I frightened you, I'm sorry." 

She heard him chuckle softly into her phone, the static lightly tickling her earlobe. "Had me for quite a scare, Princess. I believed I was going to have to pay you a visit if there was something not quite right with your health," he chided. 

She pouted. "Speaking of visiting, when will I get to see you? I want to see you." She closed her eyes and pictured him, his tall, handsome self standing in front of her with open arms.  

"I promise you'll see me soon," he vowed. "And when you do, you'll never leave my arms." 

I hope you enjoyed it- see, no cliffhanger this time! :D