[5/15]

5

Trepidation hit [Name] from all sides. 

Where is it? she thought frantically. She ransacked through her drawers and medicine cabinets, unable to find the small bottle of prescription. No, she moaned miserably. She was unable to think clearly, her panic clouding her reasoning. 

She perused her thoughts quickly, attempting to recall the last place she had seen it. A vague memory of her placing it in her work bag had her rushing to her closet. In a frenzy, she searched her bag and finally, she triumphantly held it in her hands. With trembling hands she managed to open the bottle and took a pill, immediately swallowing it with the aid of a water bottle nearby. 

Now calmed by her victorious search, she lay on the bed with her cellphone beside her. She closed her eyes, abiding for time to pass by so that she was able to feel the effects. 

About half an hour in, she began to feel loopy. "I wish Pein would call me," she murmured to herself dreamily. 

As if on command, her phone was ringing, startling her from her trance. Blindly, she felt for the device and pressed the main button to accept the call. 

"Princess, you had a panic attack?" he greeted her with somewhat of an aggressive, demanding question. 

"Yeah, but it's okay now. I took a pill." She grinned happily, her free arm feeling the untouched cold of the bed sheets. She paused, realizing something significant. "How did you know?" 

"I always know whenever it concerns you," he replied in a husky voice. "Why did you not inform me earlier?" 

She giggled from his question as she thought it to be silly. "Pein, you're so cute. I don't know, why didn't I?" she asked him with playfulness. 

He sighed as if to express exaggerated exasperation. "[Name], I am anything but cute and you would do well to learn that from now on." He began to list off qualities of himself, "Strong, powerful, handsome..." 

"I want to see you, Pein." She pouted as she opened her eyes to stare at the ceiling, attempting to envision him.  

"I'm afraid we can't meet yet, Princess..."  

"Why?" she whined. She began throwing a tantrum with her feet, kicking invisible air. 

"It's not time yet. Drop it," he commanded authoritatively with no room for argument. However, the young female was left feeling unsatisfied and a bit angry. 

"Fine, let's just hang up-" 

"You will not do such a thing until I allow you to do so. Are we clear, [Name]?" His voice had taken to a dark and much more sinister tone. She shivered from the sudden chills crawling up her arms, causing the short hairs to stand up. 

She was silent, contemplating if whether to once again go against his wishes. Just as she was to test and press the button, his voice rang out gravely, "If you hang up right now, there will be dire consequences for you." 

She inhaled and exhaled shakily, feeling the onset of tears beginning to brim on the surface of her eyes. "You're being quite mean to me Pein, and I don't like it." 

"I'm sorry Princess, it wasn't my intention to bully or frighten you," he instantly replied to her soothingly. "I didn't mean it, alright?" he continued to coax and send her sweet compliments along the way. "I'll always protect you because you're my fragile, little Princess. I can't let you leave me for it's my duty. I'm sorry," he repeated. 

She grumbled under her breath, reluctantly accepting his apologies. "Just don't do it again." 

"I promise. I just did not want you to leave me," 

She immediately understood how it felt to be alone and his reasoning from earlier. "I'll never leave you," she indignantly said. 

"You were about to," he pointed out, causing her to feel slightly guilty. 

"But you were harsh-" 

"It's your turn to promise me," he cut her off, "Promise me you'll always be by my side." His voice was compelling, calling her with such enchanting allure that she accepted with no hesitation at all. She lightly sighed in pleasure from the rich tones that were sent to her ears. 

"I promise."