Confession

Your POV~

        Yesterday after talking with Asuna and hanging out a bit, Kirito and I walked home together. On the way back in our midst of conversation, I got a sense of deja vu and felt a strange pain. I had an urge to spend more time with Kirito. At some point while I was thinking, Kirito had walked a bit ahead of me so I extended my hand and grabbed the loosed fabric of his sleeve, causing him to stop walking. "Hm?" He looked back at me and as a short moment of silence passed, I felt my face faintly grow warm. "...I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tomorrow..." I told him, not looking at his face.

         I felt his hand land on my head and ruffle my (h/c) hair. I looked back at his face and was slightly surprised to see a huge grin. "Of course! Do you wanna go to the amusement park?" he asked, that smile still present. I nodded and started laughing. "What are you laughing about?" he chuckled. I smiled back at him as I said: "Because I missed this...being with you."

         So here I am, wearing a black mini skirt and striped black and white long sleeve, white ribbon tied in my hair. 'Maybe I shouldn't be so dressed up today...' I thought and was about to go back inside to change when I heard a nearby door open. 'Never mind, too late now.' I slightly sweat dropped and turned my gaze back towards Kirito. I smiled and waved, only to find him staring at me, his cheeks faintly pink. "What?" I asked. "Hm? Oh..." He looked away and placed his hand on the back of his neck. "I just thought that you looked prettier today." he said. Now it was my turn to blush. 'Wait. Prettier?' "Th-Thank you..." I stuttered, flustered. He smiled at me and we started to make our way towards each other. "Shall we?" Kirito smiled. "We shall!" I giggled and with that, we started our day out together.

Kirito's POV~

         'Today's the day I'll tell her how I feel.' I thought. 'I just...gotta wait for the right moment.' I glanced over at her and looked at the ribbon in her hair. 'So she got a little dressed up today I see.' I smiled and continued walking with her.

Your POV~

        Walking with Kirito has been overly amazing today. It felt like old times. We rode so many roller coasters that Kirito got a bit dizzy and had to sit down. So now it's sun set and were waiting in line for the Ferris wheel.

        I shifted my feet and looked down. I was kinda nervous waiting with Kirito right now. 1) Because we were getting in a closed space, just the two of us together and 2) because I don't really like heights. So not the best situation for me but I wanted to spend time with Kirito. 'Wait. Does he remember what I said about my feelings last year?!' I wondered and felt my face grow hot. Then Kirto smiled back at me and motioned for me to join him. I stepped into the Ferris wheel and sat down across from him. The door closed the locked and we sat the in awkward silence.

        I looked out the window and was awestruck by how beautiful the view was. I forgot all about my fear of heights and stared at the orange-pink sunset covering everything with its light. "Wow..." I muttered and smiled. I heard Kirito chuckle and I instantly felt embarrassed. "I know what you mean. It's amazing..." he said and peered out the window as well. He looked over at me and smiled.

Kirito's POV~

         'Now is the moment. It's perfect...' I thought as my cheeks felt warmer. I looked over at (y/n) and smiled. Before I could start to back out, I forced my stubborn tongue to move.

         "Hey (y/n), do you remember everything from last year? On New Years?" I asked. (Y/n) looked at me, flustered. "Y-yeah..." she said, blushing. "Do you remember what you said to me before you left?" I questioned, smiling. Her cheeks grew a darker shade of red. I took that as a 'yes'. "Well, I meant to say something to you then...something I should've said a long while ago." I said and continued on. "But then Asuna came and I got confused. I was faced with a decision. A conflicting decision that kept confusing me...but last year, I made the decision and I meant to tell you on New Years. But that happened so I never got a chance. No, that's not right. I still had a chance to say it but I was scared. But now after a year, I'm finally ready to say it. To tell you how I feel. I'm sorry it took so long." I told her, smiling apologetically. "...Decision?" She then thought about it more. "Me and Asuna..." she muttered. After a moment, she came to the conclusion and blush appeared again. "You chose? Between Asuna and I?" she muttered, looking down, a faint sadness present in her (e/c) eyes. I nodded and smiled at her misplaced disappointment.

           I took a deep breath and said what I'd been holding back. "...(Y/n), I've made my decision and I want you to listen and understand it completely, okay?" I told her. She nodded in response, still not looking at me. "...Deep within me I always knew you were the answer. It really wasn't a hard decision at all in the end...You've always been m best friend so I wanted you to know." I paused and she finally looked up at me and met my eyes. "(Y/n)...you're my answer." I said. Her cheeks got red and she looked at me in shock. "M-me?" she questioned, I smiled and nodded. "You've always been the answer. I just needed to realize that...Because you're my first and only true love." I finished, my face growing warm as I spoke.

             (Y/n) smiled and tears fell down her face. "(Y-y/n)?" I asked.

Your POV~

              I looked at Kirito, confused, until I felt something wet trail down my cheek. "Hm?" I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand but more tears filled their place. I looked over and saw a concerned look on Kirito's face. "Oh, no. I'm not crying...they're just tears...of joy." I told him. I kept wiping away the tears but they just wouldn't stop. 'Why?' I wondered.

              Just then, I felt something press against my lips. With a shock, I realized it was Kirito. My arms started to feel weak and dropped to my side. I felt his tongue enter my mouth and felt my face burning. It was...pleasurable. We pulled away from each other and Kirito smiled at me. "You stopped crying." he said. My face burned more at his words and how close he was to me. "Your face is so red. Are you embarrassed?" he asked. I nodded and kept staring into his dark eyes. "It's cute when you blush." he cooed and poked my cheek as he sat down beside me. I looked out the window again, my heart pounding. After a moment of silence, Kirito said: "I love you (y/n)..."

             After walking home in awkward silence and saying our goodbye's, I went up to my room and flopped on my bed. My face was still hot as I remembered the kiss, how his tongue felt against mine, and how we held hands as we walked home. 'I love you (y/n)...' I covered my face with my bed sheets, hiding my blush. 'I'm so happy that I came back to visit~'