Misunderstanding

Your POV~

        Today I decided that I would be the one to greet Kirito at his locker at the end of school today. So I packed up my bag and slung it over my shoulder.

         "Hey Kirito-" I called as I turned the corner. I stopped dead in my tracks as I looked down the hall, that nagging pain piercing my heart again. Asuna and Kirito's lips were locked together. Kirito was madly blushing and his eyes were wide. I stared at them, not able to look away. I desperately wanted to but I couldn't. 'Not this again.' I thought as I felt my eyes well up with tears. "Not now you idiot." I quietly mumbled to myself and turned away. 'Why am I even crying? I thought I already decided to give up on him. I already decided that Asuna was a better match for him...so why are there tears?' I wondered as I turned the corner, taking one last look at them, then disappearing out of their vision.

Kirito's POV~

          Out of the corner of my eye I saw (y/n) take a look at us then exit out of my sight as she turned the corner. 'I hate seeing that face on (y/n).' I thought as I recalled the pained look on her face, tears glistening in her (e/c) eyes as she tried to hold them back. Asuna then pulled away and smiled brightly at me. "Have a great day Kazuto~" she told me happily, grabbed her bag, and gracefully turned and started walking home. "So it really is my decision on who I pick now." I said to myself as I stood there in the hall, thinking. "Why did (y/n) have to see though?...wait...(Y/n)!" I cursed under my breath and ran out of the school. 'I got to tell (y/n) what happened! All she saw was us kissing...but how am I susposed to explain that to her?!' I wondered.

          I saw (y/n) walking along the sidewalk. I ran faster. "(Y/N)!" I called. She stopped and pressed the back of her hand across her face. "(Y/n)..."

Your POV~

          I turned towards him and tried for my most realistic laugh. "Why are you so tired? Did you run to catch up with me?" I giggled, hoping that he would be convinced. Unfortunatly, he knows me too well. "(Y/n), stop trying to put on an act. I know you better than that. Plus, I saw you wipe your tears..." Kirito mumbled that last part. "Tears? Oh, I thought I felt rain land on my face." I told him. He smirked at me. "(Y/n), today's the best weather of the year. There's not even a cloud in the sky." he said. I looked up to see a clear, blue sky. I turned my gaze back on him. "So what did you want?" I questioned. "I want you to tell me why you were crying." Kirito responded, concerned. "I wasn't crying." I mumbled. "(Y/n). I know you saw me and Asuna kiss." he stated. I felt my eyes grow wet again but I forced them back and gritted my teeth. "Is that all? I hope you two the best but what does that have to do with me?" I questioned.

          Kirito then wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. A light blush present on my face. "K-Kirito?" I stuttered. "I just want you to know that she kissed me. Not the other way around." he whispered. I felt a tear trail down my face and then we pulled away. Kirito looked at my face and smiled, pink dusting his cheeks. He wiped my tear and cupped my cheek. Then he leaned in closer and his lips touched mine. I accepted the kiss. 'I know I said that I would give up on him...but I just cant.' I thought as we pulled away. "W-Why?" I asked, face hot. "Hmm?" "I thought...you liked Asuna." I said. He smiled at me. "That's a decision I haven't made yet."

-----------------------------------------------

           I layed back on my bed, hand on lips. ''That's a decision I haven't made yet?'' I wondered. 'Does that mean he's deciding which one of us he really wants to love?' I kept thinking about this in my mind. 'So he's deciding between me and one of my best friends?...It may ruin my friendship with Asuna...and I don't want that and it may sound really selfish...but...I hope Kirito chooses me...' I thought, a small, conflicted smile on my face. 'I hope Asuna's friendship with me doesn't get ruined...' But deep down inside, I knew one of us was going to get hurt.